My First TIME !!!

Go down

My First TIME !!! Empty My First TIME !!!

Post by Mickyj Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Well almost I had tried lures way back in my teens for trout.And before the lure craze had hit in yak .Neither had produced fish.
Let me say first since I have moved .I have discovered I have left behind or lost the cord for my camera, my clippers, and the cord for my phone to connect to my comp plus my tape measure:o.
So with all that in mind .I headed off to the lake this morning.Well twice actually:o was driving along and thought gee its blurry .Had to drive back home and get my glasses :eek:Very Happy.
Anyway got to the lake and there was a strong wind a blowing !!!
What to do well why not follow a trend and try that sinking popper out in the choppy conditions:D .Let me tell you my casting has gotten rather rusty but i carried on.
First beach well to say the only interest was from some tiny bream was spot on .While it didnt feel me with confidence .Neither did that awful weed that grows in the lake during winter .That was halfway along .
So first beach nothing had decided to try 3 beaches .Got to the Second beach and thought if nothing else I will practice my aim casting with the wind .
By the first cast on this beach. I had decided the best way to use this popper .Was to cast count 5-10.fast wind in to about 10 .let it sink count to 4 and repeat until the lure was back to me.
Second cast fast retrieve stop BANG I am on .This fish didnt take line and proved only to be a a small Bream of around 12 to 15cms.The trebles on that Japanese lure had done their job right in the corner of its mouth.
So after taking its picture on my phone(well i can look at them lol) and released it I was back in the water.
Two casts latter and BANG I'm on felt bigger and it was jumping out the water.Taking line everything went into auto and I landed this little fish .Once again not huge but fatter .And somewhere around 22 to 25 cms .Was a great rush seeing the new rod bend here the line leave the spool.
So once again I took a picture on my phone and returned the fish after removing the trebles from the corner of the mouth.
Thinking how easy is this you dont lose fish with trebles like in fly fishing.Wading and casting I moved up the beach got halfway and you bet .Lost a tiny little fish oh well pride before the fall:D.
So nothing more along this stretch and I decided not to try the third beach.The plan was to try the second lure out well I was having fun so left the crystal sinking popper on .And lost a tiny tiny tiny Bream at my feet back at the first beach .
Avoiding that awful weed . I noticed some un Bream like shapes following the lure .Finally I could see they were Garfish.The fatter ones staying out and the pencil ones coming in near me .Couldnt hook one .

So that was it first real time at HB lures .Loved it so much went to big W and picked up a couple more cheap lures.
And i my stop by that tackle shop and suggest he get some more of those sinking poppers in before the summer as they do catch bream .Very Happy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

My First TIME !!! Empty Re: My First TIME !!!

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:39 pm

thanks to a workmate heres two pictures of last weeks catch

Free Image Hosting

and the bigger fatter fish

Free Image Hosting
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down