Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players

Go down

Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players Empty Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm

first up

Jared Polec

Height: 188cm
Weight: 77kg
DOB: 12/10/92
Recruited from: Woodville W/Torrens (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Left-footed long-kicking player who excelled in 2010 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, winning All Australian honours. Has pace and composure around goal with impressive form at senior level in the SANFL.

Stats (aggregate for 2010 U18 Championships)
Games K H D M G H/O
5 68 32 100 18 5 1
In his own words
What type of player are you?
I am a long left footed wingman who is efficient going inside 50 and kicking at goals. My work rate around the ground is good and my defensiveness is one in a million.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
The way I play is more a Stephen Hill-type player with the run and carry and an explosive left foot.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
My strengths are my run and carry, my work rate and competitiveness around the ground. My cleanness is great and my kicking is very efficient.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
The parts in my game I want to improve are my tackling and set shots at goal.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
I barrack for the Power and the way I showed that was by being a member and having their merchandise.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My parents got me into football at a very young age. They have supported me from day one.

Last edited by zest on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players Empty Re: Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Nathan Batley

Height: 16/09/92
Weight: 184
DOB: 74
Recruited from: Woodville W/Torrens SA

Kevin Sheehan says: Very speedy medium defender who can break the lines. Shows good vision and decision making and is very competitive. Was a South Australian under-18 representative in 2010.

Games K H D M G H/O
4 33 29 62 15 1 0

In his own words
A speedy and competitive player who will run and carry and break lines. A type of player who will push back hard to get to the contests to help as teammate. I will compete and persevere until the very end. Everything is for the benefit of the team.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
David Wojcinski and Heath Shaw. Their ability to carry the ball forward and break lines but also the mental strength to be able to push back into defence quickly, then do it all again with little break.

Speed and the ability to run and carry and break lines. Vision and decision making. On-field leadership is also an area where I am improving all the time.

Kicking when I’m tired and also taking more risks.

Adelaide Crows. I've lived here all my life and the rest of the family barracks for the Crows too.

My parents, coaches, and Mark Mackenzie at WWTFC for his approachability, ability to give advice and answer questions. Bryce Gibbs - after not making the U16 state team he spoke to me and told me never to give up, follow my dreams, try new things and try every little thing which can help me to be better than the next person. Also Vasily Grischenkov, not just for athletics, but also the life lessons he taught me.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players Empty Re: Draft Combine profiles for WWT Players

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Brodie Smith

Height: 188cm
Weight: 79kg
DOB: 14/01/92

Kevin Sheehan says: Medium defender/midfielder with a terrific speed-endurance combination. Powerful player who bursts from stoppages and wins plenty of the footy. Starred in the under-18 championships with All Australian honours, and averaged 22 disposals, five clearances and six inside 50s.

Games K H D M G H/O
4 60 29 89 13 2 1
In his own words
Versatile midfielder that can play a number of roles in different positions. Good endurance and speed.

Which AFL player do you most resemble and why?
Bryce Gibbs. We play similar positions and he has a good work rate and solid skills. Has the ability to win lots of the footy.

Work rate, competitive, clean hands, run and carry.

Tackling, contested marking, kicking.

Port Adelaide. Dad supported them so I followed him.

Parents and school coach. Learnt a lot from them and they have offered me plenty of support and encouragement
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Zac Fitzgerald

Height: 192cm
Weight: 85kg
DOB: 16/02/91
Recruited from: Woodville W/Torrens SA

Kevin Sheehan says: Zac is a very versatile tall forward or defender who is strong overhead and accurate at goal front. He is a smart reader of the game and represented South Australia in the under-18 championships.

Stats (aggregate for 2010 U18s National Championships)
Games K H D M G H/O
5 40 32 72 14 5 1
In his own words
I would describe myself as a smart footballer who can read the play and anticipate where to be. I also believe I’m a versatile player and can play any position.

I believe I resemble Brendon Goddard as I feel I’m versatile and can play either ends of the field and have an impact on the game.

I think my strengths as a footballer are: strong marking, accurate kicking for goal, making good decisions and an ability to read the play.

I need to have quicker acceleration and continue working on my aerobic capacity.

I support Port Adelaide as my family all grew up supporting them from a young age.

My mum and dad - the commitment they showed through my junior years was enormous due to the distance we had to travel to and from games. Also the WWTFC have had belief in my potential as a footballer.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:45 pm

Jake Von Bertouch

Height: 191cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 04/05/92

Kevin Sheehan says: Jake is a tall forward who is quick on the lead and accurate in front of goal. He has strong hands and is team orientated. He represented South Australia in the under-18 championships this year.

Games K H D M G H/O
3 27 16 43 10 3 0
In his own words
Quick leading, strong marking, accurate kicking forward.

Which AFL player do you most resemble and why?
Jarrad Grant (Western Bulldogs) - similar playing styles: plays forward, quick, good hands.

Marking, goal accuracy, team player, clean, reading the play.

Endurance, strength, defensive pressure, tackling.

Adelaide - I grew up in South Australia.

My parents - they took me to all my football commitments, also provided encouragement and advice.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Josh Growden

Height: 187cm
Weight: 76kg
DOB: 17/4/93
Recruited from: Woodville/West Torrens (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Medium midfielder/defender who is excellent overhead and a sound decision maker who reads the play very well. Long left foot kick and capable of playing forward as well. Averaged 26 disposals at 79% efficiency in 14 games at U18s level in South Australia this year.

In his own words
A hard running midfielder who can play in defence, shut down players and can kick goals.

James Hird, because I’m versatile, balanced, a leader, have a good temperament and I love the game.

Overhead contested marking, ability to read the play, accurate kicking on both sides, long left kick, competitive, determined, disciplined and cool under pressure.

Left hand handball, set shot goal kicking, kicking the ball at full pace, short kicks.

If any, it would be the Adelaide Crows because I am South Australian but I just like watching any team play.

My junior coaches at Blyth/Snowtown for teaching me the skills, how to play fairly and to enjoy it.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Jarrod Harding

Height: 183cm
Weight: 76kg
DOB: 16/3/93
Recruited from: Woodville West Torrens (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Medium forward who is accurate around goal, strong mark on a lead and clean at ground level. Maintains terrific forward line pressure with strong tackling. SA U16s representative in 2009. Averaged 18 disposals in 15 matches and kicked 52 goals, 21 behinds at U18s level in SA this year.

In his own words
I’m a forward player that plays full forward or can get moved to the half-forward line or sometimes I play in the middle.

Lance 'Buddy' Franklin because I can go deep in the forward line and play up around the middle area.

Kicking, ground work, marking, tackling, goal kicking, work rate, talking.

Overhead marking, short kicking.

Port Adelaide because my whole family barracked for the Magpies.

Mum and dad - they just keep telling me to stick at it, and Terry Hutton for giving me a chance to play higher football at the Eagles.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Matthew Jacquier

Height: 175cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 29/3/93
Recruited from: Woodville/West Torrens (SA)

Kevin Sheehan says: Medium forward who presents very well and has strong hands overhead. Composed player with good disposal right and left. Also a talented state level basketballer. Averaged 17 disposals in 9 matches and kicked 19.9 at Under 18 level in South Australia this year.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down