LoudEagleHooligan
Flash
Mickyj
EagleRock
8 posters

Go down

Game Aftermath Empty Game Aftermath

Post by EagleRock Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:49 pm

Disappointing result today,but glad in one sense that we got this game out of the way.All bar a sustained period in the third quarter thought we lacked intensity and physicality around the ball.We have a lot of work to do in the centre square,got absolutely smashed in that area in the last quarter.Whilst they are are pacy side,thought our bigger stronger bodies could have applied more 'hurt' throughout the entire game ( particularly in close,and at stoppages )instead of only the third quarter when South became fumbly as a result of our physical pressure.Only early days,well done to the Panthers.
Bring on the bloods!
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Game Aftermath Empty Re: Game Aftermath

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:00 pm

EagleRock wrote:Disappointing result today,but glad in one sense that we got this game out of the way.All bar a sustained period in the third quarter thought we lacked intensity and physicality around the ball.We have a lot of work to do in the centre square,got absolutely smashed in that area in the last quarter.Whilst they are are pacy side,thought our bigger stronger bodies could have applied more 'hurt' throughout the entire game ( particularly in close,and at stoppages )instead of only the third quarter when South became fumbly as a result of our physical pressure.Only early days,well done to the Panthers.
Bring on the bloods!

Very True EagleRock
I think with Cheep out injured we lacked something that young Banner couldn't bring.Also think Day may come in next week.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Dare I say, “the loss we had to have”, particularly against the master (Fuller).
Some thoughts on the game:
1.Seb is improving every week. He won a lot of centre taps and had the confidence to actually kick the ball. His work rate around the ground has also improved.
2. Salter is a champion at SANFL level. The PAP, Choco needs his head read for not playing him.
3. Although Warren bagged 5 goals, I thought Greiger played very well in defence.
4. Todd Miles is a very reliable and versatile. CHB. Rucking. Full forward and rover, this guy can (effectively) do it all.
5. Our midfield was well beaten today. South seem to have a little more pace and were more prepared to support their mates at both ends of the ground.
6. I think that Staple, Rimmo, Goldie, Treebs – all seemed a little ‘flat’ today.
7. ‘Gods’ was outcoached by Ronnie (not surprising), particularly noticeable in the last quarter when the game was still up for grabs. Would have liked to see Salter pushed into the midfield, to add some much needed strength in order to break the tackles and kick long.
8. In the Ressies, Corbett, Dawson, Daniel and Stewie all played well.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Clearly outplayed & outcoached today.
I hope Godden learns the lesson... don't go defensive when the games on the line & try to protect a lead!

man up... work hard... WIN the CLEARANCES.

Not overly disappointed with the result... South played very well.
We were down a little, tended to fade in & out of the game (played in patches).

Impressed with Geddes the past 2 weeks, also Almond.

Next 4 weeks will be interesting.
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Disappointing loss (as they all are)..think Flash has covered it pretty well with his summary. Don't ever recall a Northerly breeze/gale at Noarlunga, Ronnies boys worked well to keep us in check when we had it and just blew it apart at the end. Similar game to last weeks in some respects...just we were on the opposite end at the moment.

Good win by the twos today who used the breeze well in the last to win by 5 and a bit goals. Jarrad Wright was great in his first game back for the year, threw his body into lots of packs and dished the ball out on alot of occasions, Aaron Day looked better today, Layton McMahon was solid again as was Jimmy Stewart, Brodie Smith was good in his return game and Duane Schultz played probably his best game since joining the club...so plenty of pressure from the boys in the twos.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:Clearly outplayed & outcoached today.
I hope Godden learns the lesson... don't go defensive when the games on the line & try to protect a lead!

man up... work hard... WIN the CLEARANCES.

Not overly disappointed with the result... South played very well.
We were down a little, tended to fade in & out of the game (played in patches).

Impressed with Geddes the past 2 weeks, also Almond.

Next 4 weeks will be interesting.

I think coaching had little to do with it today, we were outplayed by a midfield that got its hands on the ball and ran harder than ours.

Though, we are all entitled to our opinion. I laugh at our people's propensity to blame everything good / bad on the coach.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 am

Though, we are all entitled to our opinion. I laugh at [i]our people's propensity to blame everything good / bad on the coach[/i

I'm NOT blaming the coach... am stating an observation.
Anyone, who doesn't acknowledge that Godden made errors yesterday, doesn't know footy.
He was given a lesson by Ronnie yesterday.

Godden is a NEW senior coach... all I am saying is that he could do alot worse than LEARN from errors... that's not BLAME, just constructive criticism.
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:45 am

And thankfully for us all, I am sure Michael Godden will jump onto this forum and accept your observations as constructive criticism.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Gods coaches comments and he wasn't a happy man .I can tell u at 1/4 time he jumped the fence to get at the players

It’s fair to say that the performance down at Hickinbotham Oval this week was extremely disappointing. No doubt it was a long drive home for all of our members and supporters after a performance of that manner. The importance of the game certainly wasn’t lost on the players. Their preparation was very good and I felt the mindset was in the right place. How wrong I was! Not for a minute do I think the players didn’t try because that is never the case, but what we didn’t do was handle the ball correctly and with any precision. The myth that we are too slow could easily be explained by my review of the video last night; we had first possession from stoppages 28 times only to cough the ball up to South, where they ran hard forward and put our backline under enormous pressure. To summarise, 22 times South entered their forward 50 from our 28 fumbles. When you look at the fact they had 45 inside 50s for the day, it really hurts.

The backline stood up ok, but for most of the day they were under enormous pressure. The midfield had an ordinary day, with too many turn-over’s and not enough pressure on the break away’s to help our backs, even though we did break even with the stoppages. The forward line at times looked dangerous, but too often we didn’t honor their hard work. Nick Salter I thought was very good both offensively and defensively, Adam Grocke worked tirelessly all day and Scott Welsh provided us with a lot of space, and often has to take the full brunt of the opposition, but I can assure you if you watch him closely his work up forward is extremely creative and team orientated.

In reviewing the game you would have to start by saying our first quarter we didn’t do enough, and I think we suffered for that all day. The second quarter was ok by our standards, to break even into the breeze was a reasonable effort. The third quarter was once again ok, but we wasted a lot of opportunities going inside 50 (16 times to only score 4.2) is not a good enough return, but to keep South scoreless was a positive. Then the last quarter was a disgrace, to have 9.4 kicked against us is not good enough, even though we kicked 3 goals into the breeze which was a good effort we handled the ball terribly and too often gave the ball back to the opposition.

Finally, I can assure all supporters and members that we as a football department are not hiding from that performance and certainly are not looking for excuses, all we are doing is identifying what went wrong, working on these areas, and are looking forward to coming home to Woodville this week and showing that we are growing as a group and we don’t take losses lightly. Where we are at as a playing and coaching group will be determined with our efforts this weekend.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:Though, we are all entitled to our opinion. I laugh at [i]our people's propensity to blame everything good / bad on the coach[/i

Anyone, who doesn't acknowledge that Godden made errors yesterday, doesn't know footy.

Godden is a NEW senior coach... all I am saying is that he could do alot worse than LEARN from errors... that's not BLAME, just constructive criticism.

Now I haven't been on the other footy forum that doesn't recognise this site today (10 hr work days stuff me up ).But last night I think fans from other clubs were demanding that us Eagle fans own up and say Ron is the better coach out of the two.
IMHO its way to early to start comparing the two .
BUT kudos to Ron for winning the battle the war is far from over however .
Lets not forget that the Dogs lost yesterday as well .North fell short .and in the afl it was even worse .
IMHO those other teams/coaches/fans would not all be up in arms over 1 loss in round 5 .
Seeing I reckon this is our best start for a few years to a season .

While on Ron lets not forget the man has never out coached luke norman drew with him in round 1 but never beaten him.While "GODS" has faced Luke Norman once for one win .

Funny game footy

Cheers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Columbo wrote:Disappointing loss (as they all are)..think Flash has covered it pretty well with his summary. Don't ever recall a Northerly breeze/gale at Noarlunga, Ronnies boys worked well to keep us in check when we had it and just blew it apart at the end. Similar game to last weeks in some respects...just we were on the opposite end at the moment.

Good win by the twos today who used the breeze well in the last to win by 5 and a bit goals. Jarrad Wright was great in his first game back for the year, threw his body into lots of packs and dished the ball out on alot of occasions, Aaron Day looked better today, Layton McMahon was solid again as was Jimmy Stewart, Brodie Smith was good in his return game and Duane Schultz played probably his best game since joining the club...so plenty of pressure from the boys in the twos.

Jarrad Wright looked like he was knackered coming off the ground after the game.The seconds ran around the oval while he walked .Good to see him back.
Day could well have earned a berth in the league with that performance.
McMahon looked a bit lost then got the swing of the game .
Stewart was a class above .
smith looked very very good.
Duane Schultz looked so much better as an onballer than just a back man .And we had a chat after the game Columbo u more than likely saw that Wink
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm

"...IMHO its way to early to start comparing the two" [Ron and Gods]

Sorry MickyJ You can't get out of it that easy. From day 1 you have made comparisons between the two coaches. {Check your comments on the 'other site'.}
My contact with players, both past and present, paint Ronnie in a very positive light.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Flash wrote:"...IMHO its way to early to start comparing the two" [Ron and Gods]

Sorry MickyJ You can't get out of it that easy. From day 1 you have made comparisons between the two coaches. {Check your comments on the 'other site'.}
My contact with players, both past and present, paint Ronnie in a very positive light.

Oh Gee I've been found out Very Happy
And my contacts with past and present players tell me Ronnie was getting stale towards the end of his tenure.But lets not kick mickyj all the way down just yet Wink .I defended Ron from unhappy eagles fans in 2006 at the bay.My problems with ron stem from 2008 to 2009(I'm getting old perhaps 2007 as well).
My understanding as I wasn't attending training under Ron.They did the same drills every training session every week.
And from "WATCHING" training under "GODS" the coaching panel (IE GODS KYM Rhett etc etc ) .they do different drills at the different training days .If that makes sense .

Personally I have even had a few pleasant exchanges with the current coaching staff.Under Ron the only person to have a chat with me was Andrew Rodgers .Did the get odd hello from Ron and Joffa.

As Zest pointed out to me and I'll try and quote him. To compare Ron and Gods is like comparing Tim the chin and John Cahil when he was at South.
If Tim beat Cahil did that make Tim a better coach and all those flags mean nothing !

Not certain I've made sense hopefully I have .
Lets face it the players after 10 yrs needed a change of direction .
And it did work well against Luke Normans Sturt and Ron hasn't done that yet at either club.
Is this the best start we have had to a year in how many years? Spell check u there ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Best start since 2005; 4-0 with a % of 64 in that season.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:30 pm

ok guys I think we have all said enough on this topic
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I Love Godsy Tue May 04, 2010 1:19 pm

LoudEagleHooligan wrote:Though, we are all entitled to our opinion. I laugh at [i]our people's propensity to blame everything good / bad on the coach[/i

spot on
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by I Love Godsy Tue May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Columbo wrote:Disappointing loss (as they all are)..think Flash has covered it pretty well with his summary. Don't ever recall a Northerly breeze/gale at Noarlunga, Ronnies boys worked well to keep us in check when we had it and just blew it apart at the end. Similar game to last weeks in some respects...just we were on the opposite end at the moment.

Jarrad Wright looked like he was knackered coming off the ground after the game.The seconds ran around the oval while he walked .Good to see him back.
Duane Schultz looked so much better as an onballer than just a back man .And we had a chat after the game Columbo u more than likely saw that Wink

Mickey J,

I reckon you're killing us with this infatuation you have for Ron to be unsuccessful at South. Give the man some credit for the great work he did with us, and move on and don't mention Ron again. Gods is our new coach - he's new to the game and will make some mistakes, but ket;s look forward, not back.
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I Love Godsy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Mickey J,

I reckon you're killing us with this infatuation you have for Ron to be unsuccessful at South. Give the man some credit for the great work he did with us, and move on and don't mention Ron again. Gods is our new coach - he's new to the game and will make some mistakes, but ket;s look forward, not back.

I'll let this go this time I really have no problems with Ron .He did his home work and won .Thats all he had to do .Well done ron.
Next time perhaps quote the person when he is making a relevant statement Cant see how eagles players are relevant to your quote.
But the subject is closed .
and now locked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down