wimpy
Titan2
MichaelScott
Goddsy11
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval  round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval round 1

Post by 35Eagles Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:21 pm

McKay is a affectionate person even the new reserves midfield coach is McGrath is too so Is Hann.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval  round 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval round 1

Post by Aerie Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:10 pm

I’m away holidaying in the heart of Eagles country zone where the internet sometimes works if I visit the upstairs balcony and there is no Ch 7 reception on the TV.

Was satisfied when I finally got enough internet to see the score. Then a couple of hours later my heart skipped a beat when I checked again and realised it was the womens score I saw. An anxious few moments later and to see 20 goals kicked and a big 10 goal win and I was even more pleased than the first time I checked. 13 goal scorers! A good start to the season.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:35 pm

Aerie wrote:I’m away holidaying in the heart of Eagles country zone where the internet sometimes works if I visit the upstairs balcony and there is no Ch 7 reception on the TV.

Was satisfied when I finally got enough internet to see the score. Then a couple of hours later my heart skipped a beat when I checked again and realised it was the womens score I saw. An anxious few moments later and to see 20 goals kicked and a big 10 goal win and I was even more pleased than the first time I checked. 13 goal scorers! A good start to the season.
We definitely weren't on TV yesterday.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:47 pm

Know Niemann noticed the difference in pace in reserves compared to under 18s etc that's what he told me or us last night.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:12 am

Hello from the USA! Just finished watching the replay and what a great way to start the season. Felt a bit nervous when they scored 30 unanswered haha, but we turned it around and put them away.

Good signs all around imo, we can have a very good season if keep up this kind of energy throughout.

As a side note: I am a true American haha, but my girlfriend's mom comes from Woodville so she grew up being a fan because of that and I started watching the games with her, and her Dad is from Hobart so we are founding members of the Tasmania Devils also haha. Hate they don't start until 2028! But sure will be worth the wait.

Thanks!
Ryan
Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:21 am

Ryan wrote:Hello from the USA! Just finished watching the replay and what a great way to start the season. Felt a bit nervous when they scored 30 unanswered haha, but we turned it around and put them away.

Good signs all around imo, we can have a very good season if keep up this kind of energy throughout.

As a side note: I am a true American haha, but my girlfriend's mom comes from Woodville so she grew up being a fan because of that and I started watching the games with her, and her Dad is from Hobart so we are founding members of the Tasmania Devils also haha. Hate they don't start until 2028! But sure will be worth the wait.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard thanks for joining we love our fans from everywhere
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:03 am

Just watching the replay again. Still amazed at how much weight Redden has lost.
Good to see a good lifestyle change for him. Impressed with his first up.

That McKay goal in the 3rd from 60 out was a ripper.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:48 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Just watching the replay again. Still amazed at how much weight Redden has lost.

Jarrad Redden has recently bought a Jim's mowing business in the Modbury area, along with a little change in his diet he has lost about 20kgs, says his has felt so much better and is really enjoying his football.

When deciding to further his football career and come to SA, Luke was deciding between Centrals and Westies, I believe Mitch Hardie who had played with him, contacted him and told him to go to the Eagles. As yet I don't think he has quite picked up the pace of the game in SA and I think he needs to be more aware of playing on, but at this stage he looks an excellent mature age pick up. His leg is magnificent (not the one with tats on it) and three of his goals on Friday were of the highest quality
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:59 pm

wimpy wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Just watching the replay again. Still amazed at how much weight Redden has lost.

Jarrad Redden has recently bought a Jim's mowing business in the Modbury area, along with a little change in his diet he has lost about 20kgs, says his has felt so much better and is really enjoying his football.

When deciding to further his football career and come to SA, Luke was deciding between Centrals and Westies, I believe Mitch Hardie who had played with him, contacted him and told him to go to the Eagles. As yet I don't think he has quite picked up the pace of the game in SA and I think he needs to be more aware of playing on, but at this stage he looks an excellent mature age pick up. His leg is magnificent (not the one with tats on it) and three of his goals on Friday were of the highest quality

I wondered how we got Luke thankfully he did not go to centrals or west .
Maybe beating West the way we did he probably thought thankfully I didn’t go to them!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:29 pm

I'm glad that Luke didn't go to centrals or westies as he's a very welcoming person he didn't have to give me a hug when he saw me but he's like that.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:33 pm

The Birthday boy on Good Friday who was Ballenden got offered contracts by a couple of different clubs before deciding on eagles as eagles was his first choice and his partner and him love it at Eagles though they might miss their friends and family etc.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 pm

Does anyone know where the new reserves midfield coach Craig Taylor used to coach?? Just interested as he's a local. He does seem like a very nice man especially when he told me to give him a cuddle though I've only met him at the season launch but i told him to tell McKay that he's like that too.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:59 pm

Does anyone know why Calvett was a late in or so?? He told us at the members night that he was rested instead of playing but he played instead.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:19 pm

Only watched the replay, but Morris was impressive early in defence. Great to have Redden back, especially in the condition he is in. That run West had in the 2nd quarter, to be fair, was pretty impressive goal kicking, especially the first three. Hopefully Jacobs doesn't lament too much on that and continues the attacking play. McKay very good on debut. All played well really with one real standout - Adam D'Aloia - clearly BOG. A good start, albeit against a team that along with South, is likely to be bottom 2. Wins early are important though, as is confidence. With the Gather Round bye early - it gives a few of those on the injury list a chance. Very concerning to have such a long injury list already, but while we're winning, it gives opportunities.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 pm

It gives the under 18s a chance to play reserves when we've got injuries. Under 18s play Norwood at home 1:30 on Sunday. Due to Gather Round etc ill have to watch it online unfortunately.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2