wimpy
Titan2
MichaelScott
Goddsy11
Mickyj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval  round 1 Empty Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval round 1

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:35 pm

March 29 Friday
League 2.30 pm
Seconds 5.00 pm
I think there are women’s games on first but the SANFL app won’t let me look
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval  round 1 Empty Re: Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval round 1

Post by Mickyj Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:41 pm

Ok as I posted on another footy forum looking forward to this round 1 game reading all the reports by our members and to see first hand how well sauce Jacobs coaches ect
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval  round 1 Empty Re: Eagles v West Maughan Thiem Kis oval round 1

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:05 pm

Eagles league and seconds teams

EAGLES

League

F: Neumann, Ballenden, Rowe

HF: McKay, Weckert, Goldsworthy

C: Williams, Sinor, Rowland

HB: Morris, Thompson, Beecken

B: Litster, Moore, Fleeton

R: Redden, D’Aloia, Knight

INT: Herbert, Cooke, Barkla, Nicholls, Buck, Firns, West

NEW: Luke McKay (Narrandera), Cameron Fleeton (GWS), Will Neumann (Kadina), Joshua Morris (Hawthorn), Jordan Moore (Glenelg), Charlie West (Henley), Nathan Barkla (Port Adelaide)

Reserves
(14) Blake Hansen, (19) Bailey Hann, (26) Joshua Mawson, (32) Ryan Bruce, (36) Brayden Calvett, (38) Carter Norman, (40) Brody Mair, (41) Patrick Toole, (42) Isaac McGrath, (43) Noah Angove, (44) Callum Fairall, (45) Izaac McGrath, (47) Cormack O’Reilly, (48) Jay Watson, (50) Archer Charles, (52) Darcy Hudson, (53) Liam Ueding, (54) Bailey Arthur, (57) Mishai Wollogorang, (59) Jake Andrews, (60) Seb Menta, (61) Riley Davey, (62) Griffyn Hansen
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

SANFL League Captain's Call - Joey Sinor (Eagles)

https://youtu.be/EeSrLSIj02M
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 pm

Good 1st 1/4 so far. Like Morris's game. Unfortunately cant be there as I cant drive for another week.

Rowey needs to find his kicking boots.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 pm

I wonder what happened to fleeton
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:05 pm

MichaelScott wrote:I wonder what happened to fleeton

I wonder what just happened to WWT, Sad
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 pm

Struggling for numbers when firns can get a game...drafthorse
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 pm

Leg speed is a real issue can see us getting run over in the second half...nicols and buck anonymous as usual...we need beattie back ASAP
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 pm

Happy to be wrong westies haven't given a yelp in the 2nd half..deloia has been good
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:07 pm

Well done Eagles. I can't remember the last time we kicked 20 goals in a match? Must have been about 15 years. Those West Torrens guernseys we wore in the first half looked absolutely magnificent with that royal blue colour and the gold eagle. Would love to see the club somehow bring back those guernseys. Maybe add a bit of green on the front of the guernsey and/or wear green shorts?

Game-wise lots to dissect - both good and bad.

The good - Jacobs has definitely brought a new playing style that is creative and attacking and will certainly give our forwards every opportunity to kick a lot of goals this year. Liked the wide spread of goal-kickers. D'Aloia outstanding with his work in close and feeding the ball out to our runners. Knight was in to everything. Great game from McKay - what a beautiful kick he is. Not expecting him to kick 5 goals every week but hoping he can get his disposals numbers up as the season progresses. Goldy outstanding and we are always a better team when he is there. Need him to play a full season and avoid those hamstring and calf injuries!! Players like Cooke and Neumann didn't get a lot of the ball but definitely showed a bit and you'd only expect them to improve with more experience. Williams looked FAR better down back in the second half than up forward in the first half. If we are are going to play him that part of the ground has to be his home.

The bad - our backline was an absolute disaster and needs a lot of work. Obviously I appreciate that Fleeton wasn't there and his return will help. But many of our players down there gave the westies opponents far too much space. A few of our senior players had very quiet days and we need them to lift. Our depth - calling on Firns shows we are threadbare and if and when further injuries happen we might struggle.

All in all a very successful first up. Always good to start the season with a win to take the pressure off and get that confidence up.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Titan2 wrote:Well done Eagles. I can't remember the last time we kicked 20 goals in a match? Must have been about 15 years. Those West Torrens guernseys we wore in the first half looked absolutely magnificent with that royal blue colour and the gold eagle. Would love to see the club  somehow bring back those guernseys. Maybe add a bit of green on the front of the guernsey and/or wear green shorts?

Game-wise lots to dissect - both good and bad.

The good - Jacobs has definitely brought a new playing style that is creative and attacking and will certainly give our forwards every opportunity to kick a lot of goals this year. Liked the wide spread of goal-kickers. D'Aloia outstanding with his work in close and feeding the ball out to our runners. Knight was in to everything. Great game from McKay - what a beautiful kick he is. Not expecting him to kick 5 goals every week but hoping he can get his disposals numbers up as the season progresses. Goldy outstanding and we are always a better team when he is there. Need him to play a full season and avoid those hamstring and calf injuries!! Players like Cooke and Neumann didn't get a lot of the ball but definitely showed a bit and you'd only expect them to improve with more experience. Williams looked FAR better down back in the second half than up forward in the first half. If we are are going to play him that part of the ground has to be his home.

The bad - our backline was an absolute disaster and needs a lot of work. Obviously I appreciate that Fleeton wasn't there and his return will help. But many of our players down there gave the westies opponents far too much space. A few of our senior players had very quiet days and we need them to lift. Our depth - calling on Firns shows we are threadbare and if and when further injuries happen we might struggle.

All in all a very successful first up. Always good to start the season with a win to take the pressure off and get that confidence up.

Titan I was there had to leave missing the seconds game
There was good and bad yep watched the bad in the back line and watched bad and good in the forward line and middle
But thankfully the good outweighed the bad
We got the normal umpiring against us as usual
I’m happy we kicked 20 goals and happy to win
And I liked Jacob’s game plan first time I saw it today
I’m not sure or I'm 50 50 with a small half forward line if we go that way we need to kick lower or lower our eyes kicking to the 50 mark
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 pm

Fleeton ill over night.
Thirteen different goalkickers.
Team defence was all astray.
It appeared when we set up the defensive wall to block it in our forward area it was too far up the field and we got caught out numerous times. Also when West got the run on in the second quarter our defensive set up at centre bounces was poor.
A great effort by Reddo to see out the whole game.
Overall it was a very good effort. Some players to come back and a few refinements will make us quite competitive.
No player presentations tonight.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 pm

No players presentations due to some players going home interstate. There was originally presentations but due to that there was nothing but drinks and meals upstairs which most of the players attended.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 pm

Watson and Morris shoulders. Morris spent some time in the rooms just before 3/4 time till early in the last Quarter though got told side then shoulder i asked him if he was ok before he went on the oval he said yeah same as Watson's shoulder when i asked if it was ok
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:32 am

The reserves match was a poor result and poor qualty.
I was impressed with the u18. That side looked very good. Some good players there. I suspect they would have beaten the reserves.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:37 am

Goddsy11 wrote:The reserves match was a poor result and poor qualty.
I was impressed with the u18. That side looked very good. Some good players there. I suspect they would have beaten the reserves.
Apparently Tom Luck was dirty with himself after the game that's how bad he played himself.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:50 am

BTW it hasn't been mentioned but that was a big win by our ladies' team. Well done.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:04 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:BTW it hasn't been mentioned but that was a big win by our ladies' team. Well done.
First time I’ve seen them win great game they played fantastic
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:17 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:BTW it hasn't been mentioned but that was a big win by our ladies' team. Well done.
Not everyone is interested in ladies footy well I'm not at least
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:33 pm

35Eagles wrote:

That’s ok but others might be
We didn’t know or recall who came to us from the crows
The Ruck was great
Need to do some things up forward to improve just my opinion on the ladies team
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:32 pm

35Eagles wrote:

Same here. I just thought congrats are warranted as they seem to lose most weeks.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:44 pm

Our first quarter lead stood us in good stead.  West's need to play catch-up football in the heat (which they did well, kicking seven straight goals in the second quarter) seemed to take its toll on them, and they tired badly later in the game.  Well done to the Eagles to tighten their defence and run out the full game, kicking ten goals to two in the second half. McKay's goal kicking was impressive.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:54 pm

eaglesman wrote:Our first quarter lead stood us in good stead.  West's need to play catch-up football in the heat (which they did well, kicking seven straight goals in the second quarter) seemed to take its toll on them, and they tired badly later in the game.  Well done to the Eagles to tighten their defence and run out the full game, kicking ten goals to two in the second half. McKay's goal kicking was impressive.

I liked McKay's goal hunger. I like that in forwards. Roey had a slow day. Onwards and upwards.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
eaglesman wrote:Our first quarter lead stood us in good stead.  West's need to play catch-up football in the heat (which they did well, kicking seven straight goals in the second quarter) seemed to take its toll on them, and they tired badly later in the game.  Well done to the Eagles to tighten their defence and run out the full game, kicking ten goals to two in the second half. McKay's goal kicking was impressive.

I liked McKay's goal hunger. I like that in forwards. Roey had a slow day. Onwards and upwards.
McKay surprised me I’m very happy we picked him up rather than any other SANFL side .
It was hot yesterday and like eaglesman mentioned it took its toll on west . I could be wrong I think their players had cramp before our guys .
I’m still coming to terms that we had 13 players kick 20 goals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next