Eagles35
Headfan
Goddsy11
Columbo
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Eagles v Adelaide 23 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide 23 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Gregod Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:12 am

[quote="Eagles35"]I hadn't noticed it missing tbh but their is a talk of putting in a brand new screen like north has so maybe thats going to be there instead. [/quote
Hopethey put the new score board in a better place. With the new light towers on the outer side it is hard to see the whole score
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Adelaide 23 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval  - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide 23 July Maughan Thiem Kia oval

Post by Gregod Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:47 am

Why are we playing Sunday when the Crows afl are playing an hour later. How many Crows supporters will come They got port playing the next day so it doesn't clash with afl game
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:55 pm

Be thankful as a lot of good players are in the Crows AFL...maybe even gives us half a chance
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:10 pm

Gregod wrote:
Eagles35 wrote:I hadn't noticed it missing tbh but their is a talk of putting in a brand new screen like north has so maybe thats going to be there instead. [/quote
Hopethey put the new score board in a better place.  With the new light towers on the outer side it is hard to see the whole score
Very true
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:11 pm

whybother wrote:Be thankful as a lot of good players are in the Crows AFL...maybe even gives us half a chance
Hopefully we can believe in ourselves 
And hopefully the youth brings pace as well
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:15 pm

Great to see the youth coming through isn't it Dodd and West in reserves on debut. Harry Dodd spoke to me first on the Sunday of the long weekend but had to ask him who he is just to make sure who he was and West is college. Just about all those lads in under 18's know who I'm
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:36 pm

Firns in ruck that doesn't jump is a no no Dodd has used to ruck in centre bounce in under 18's. Ueding can jump up high if he needs to ruck.
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:59 pm

Seconds aren’t going to well looking at the score
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:10 pm

I see Dawkins played in the 2's. Anyone else?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 pm

I'd say Watson and Herbert debuts as they never played reserves and Dawkins did and Tate never played reserves but played under 18's so that's the final Iine up for tomorrow

Last edited by Eagles35 on Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:47 pm

I hope no injuries in reserves it was frustrating watching on digital pass
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:00 pm

Gregod wrote:Why are we playing Sunday when the Crows afl are playing an hour later.  How many  Crows  supporters will come They got  port playing the next day so it doesn't clash with afl game

The carnival day has always been on a Sunday. It doesn't suit someone like me till minor rounds have finished Sunday's and just families of them will be there of the crows players and Sanfl crows supporters if they have any.
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:11 pm

Gregod wrote:Why are we playing Sunday when the Crows afl are playing an hour later.  How many  Crows  supporters will come They got  port playing the next day so it doesn't clash with afl game

Second game against the Crows each year has been carnival day and as long as that has been going it's always been a Sunday.
Also means that the 4 teams playing tomorrow all get the same break as they play Saturday next weekend leading into the bye the following week.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:29 pm

Mickyj wrote:Seconds aren’t going to well looking at the score

Tough day at the office for the 2's this afternoon.
A few ins and outs from last week, had plenty of the ball but just couldn't get it inside 50 often enough to threaten.
The usual suspects had good games again (Hansen, Hoile & Dawkins) and good to see Troy Menzel get through another game well in heavy conditions.
Norwood lost to North by 2 points in the 2's today which keeps us in the 5 for another week.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:06 pm

Any injuries in the reserves today?? Watched most of it but its hard with no commentry till the finals.
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:55 pm

goddy11 wrote:I see Dawkins played in the 2's. Anyone else?

Herbert and Watson in. No mentions of both on debut's but I've known Herbert is since Thursday night and Watson I kind of guessed as it was Dawkins played reserves. Tate must've been emergency for reserves as he played under 18's today though was named in.
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Crows way too good. Berry and Soligo should be in the Crows AFL midfield - not playing SANFL. Strauchan probably should be as well, as well as Gollant. At least the Eagles kept at it in the 2nd half. Not too many of our good players can kick longer than 40m. We should shorten Woodville Oval to the size of Norwood Oval for next season. I reckon it will suit our players better.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Aerie wrote:Crows way too good. Berry and Soligo should be in the Crows AFL midfield - not playing SANFL. Strauchan probably should be as well, as well as Gollant. At least the Eagles kept at it in the 2nd half. Not too many of our good players can kick longer than 40m. We should shorten Woodville Oval to the size of Norwood Oval for next season. I reckon it will suit our players better.

I don't agree that any of those players you mentioned will ever be regular AFL players. Very good SANFL players sure, but let's be perfectly frank, we were simply insipid today and made many of their players look like superstars.

I spoke of attitude a few days back. Sadly, the Eagles' attitude was non-existent. The first 20 seconds of their game set the tone with Crows' first three goals the result of us being either far too loose allowing them uncontested marks within the forward 50 or very soft in our efforts when spoiling. One of our defenders probably had the worst 10 mins of his footy career early in that first quarter and I'm sure he'd love to have those back again!!

Sheedy no doubt will be shattered by today. I assume for the remainder of the season he will want to blood a few more kids from the reserves to see how they go before taking a broom to the squad at season's end.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:33 pm

Ok I’ll put my hand up I walked out a few minutes into the third term 
We were not there physically or mentally 
We need to recruit some bigger players next year that can play SANFL footy 
We need to blood more youngsters that want to play league SANFL footy this year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:32 pm

Season is far from over
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Hard to do this today, however we can either be glass half full or glass half empty, I'm trying to keep my glass half full.

The Good
- Jimmy Rowe & Zane Williams
- Sam Nicholls, Kade Herbert & Jay Watson
- 3rd Quarter
- 4 more games to try and get some more positives out of the year.

The Not So Good
- First half
- Speed
- Height
- Injuries across the season

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagles35 Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:07 pm

Did Sinor get a knee injury and what did Nicholls do to himself??
Eagles35
Eagles35

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Joey had some sort of knee injury but it appears more muscular than structural. I'm no Doctor though, trust me. Mike was massaging the area just above the knee at 3/4 time, whatever the technical term is for that part of the anatomy.

Is anyone else surprised that the club hasn't come out and made a formal announcement around players quitting the club recently? It's OK for people like me that live and breathe the Eagles but we have a lot of supporters that don't go every week that may be wondering. Especially for high profile recruits like RCD.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:24 pm

The Barton wrote:Joey had some sort of knee injury but it appears more muscular than structural. I'm no Doctor though, trust me. Mike was massaging the area just above the knee at 3/4 time, whatever the technical term is for that part of the anatomy.

Is anyone else surprised that the club hasn't come out and made a formal announcement around players quitting the club recently? It's OK for people like me that live and breathe the Eagles but we have a lot of supporters that don't go every week that may be wondering. Especially for high profile recruits like RCD.

It would be nice on other footy forums other teams tabs keep posting there’s big problems at oval ave . And many are central’s fans
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:31 pm

Mickyj wrote:
The Barton wrote:Joey had some sort of knee injury but it appears more muscular than structural. I'm no Doctor though, trust me. Mike was massaging the area just above the knee at 3/4 time, whatever the technical term is for that part of the anatomy.

It would be nice on other footy forums other teams tabs keep posting there’s big problems at oval ave . And many are central’s fans

I have heard that there are problems associated with the treatment of Dan Menzel and that other players are going to walk at the end of the year
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next