eddy retruns home email

2 posters

Go down

eddy retruns home email Empty eddy retruns home email

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:27 pm

The WWTFC can confirm that midfielder Robert Eddy will return home to Victoria after mutually agreeing to end his contract with the Club.

Eddy who was recruited to the Club this season from St Kilda managed just 5 League games in season 2012. Eddy battled persistent injuries that severely hampered his form and fitness not allowing him to perform at the level he or the Club had hoped.

Football Manager Trent Hentschel said "After sitting down with Rob at the end of the year we both agreed that it was the best thing for both Rob and the Club moving forward. It is no secret that some players struggle to cope with the demands of work and training when they come out of the AFL system. It is unfortunate for Rob that he never got the opportunity to perform at his maximum due to a terrible run of injuries."

Eddy said "I would like to thank the Eagles Footy Club for the opportunity to play at the Club. I couldn’t have asked more from the Club and it’s unfortunate that it hasn’t quite worked out. Since day one it’s been a very enjoyable environment to be involved in. I probably underestimated how tough a competition the SANFL is and how big a change it was going to be coming off an AFL list. The decision has been tough because I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Club and met some great people but I feel it’s the right decision in terms of where I’m at in my life."

Please join the Club in thanking Rob for his time at the Club and in wishing him all the best for the future.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

eddy retruns home email Empty Re: eddy retruns home email

Post by BirdOfPrey Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:19 pm

I assume mutually agree means we don't have to pay him out for next yr.Does this have an impact on our salary cap next yr?

BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm

BirdOfPrey wrote:I assume mutually agree means we don't have to pay him out for next yr.Does this have an impact on our salary cap next yr?

Was thinking that myself
We seem to have started the cleanout very early a good thing IMHO
We need to recruit better for 2013
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down