Tiller into retirement

4 posters

Go down

Tiller into retirement Empty Tiller into retirement

Post by zest Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

EAGLES 2011 premiership player Stephen Tiller has announced his retirement.

He battled a groin injury throughout the season and then, after Woodville West Torrens defeated Central District in the SANFL Grand Final in October, underwent a shoulder reconstruction.

Tiller, 24, said it was the rehabilitation which had eventually persuaded him to hang up his boots.

"This was an extremely difficult decision to make. My rehabilitation has been tough both physically and mentally and I have got to the point in my life where I feel I can't continue to put the effort in that it requires to get back to playing quality SANFL football,'' he said.

"I want to thank the eagle immensely for the time and effort they put into me and for the professionalism they have shown from the first day I walkied in the door.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

"It's a very passionate club and a club I am proud to say I have been part of.''

The Eagles football manager, Trent Hentschel said it was disappointing to lose a player of Tiller's ability and experience, however, it would provide an opportunity for a younger player in the coming season.
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tiller into retirement Empty Re: Tiller into retirement

Post by Mickyj Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:27 pm

club email

Dear Michael,

It is with regret that the WWTFC announces that 2011 Premiership player, Stephen Tiller, has retired with immediate effect.

Tiller, 24, battled groin problems for much of the 2011 season and had a shoulder reconstruction following the 2011 Grand Final which ultimately has led to this decision being made.

On his retirement Stephen said "This was an extremely difficult decision to make. My rehabilitation has been tough both physically and mentally and I have got to a point in my life where I feel I can’t continue to put the effort in that it requires to get back to playing quality SANFL Football".

"I want to thank the Eagles immensely for the time and effort they put in to me and for the professionalism they have shown from the first day I walked in the door. It’s a very passionate Club and a Club I am proud to say I have been a part of".

Football Manager Trent Hentschel added "Stephen approached the Club with a view to amending his contract following the 2011 season based on the fact that he was struggling to overcome his injuries and retirement was a possibility. This obviously allowed us to invest in the areas of our squad that we believed needed bolstering".

"Nonetheless, we are still disappointed to lose a player of Stephen’s quality and experience as he certainly showed what he was capable of during the second half of the 2011 minor round and throughout our successful SANFL Finals campaign. However, it provides an opportunity for one of younger players to become League footballers in 2012".

Please join the Club in thanking Stephen for his efforts and wishing him all the best in the future.

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdOfPrey Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:52 am

Very disappointed , thought he really showed some good form last part of the year. Looking for him to get better in 2012 and hold down a spot in the back lines and pinch hit up fwd.
This has happened to us a few times in the last few years, eg Welsh, Kite and now Tiller.
Looking fwd to the young guns getting a crack at his spot, I'm sure God and the coaching staff have it under control.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:10 pm

He is only 24.Who knows a year off,gets his body right, a comeback could be a possibility.He wouldn't be the first player to come out of retirement.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down