eagles dump revamp plans Empty eagles dump revamp plans

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

eagles dump revamp plans Empty Re: eagles dump revamp plans

Post by EagleRock Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Sensible decision by the club.Best to reduce debt over next few years,see how the pokies reform affects us financially and then make a decision on upgrade.
If I recall it was the cost of the upgrade of the clubrooms at Thebarton at a time of very high interest rates that led to huge debt incurred by West Torrens and led to its eventual amalgamation.
Not that I am complaining,just as passionate about supporting the new Eagles and have enjoyed the last 20 years immensely.
Whilst disappointed the upgrade won't go ahead in the near future well done to those responsible at the club for making this fiscally responsible decision.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle014 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:42 pm

EagleRock wrote:Sensible decision by the club.Best to reduce debt over next few years,see how the pokies reform affects us financially and then make a decision on upgrade.
If I recall it was the cost of the upgrade of the clubrooms at Thebarton at a time of very high interest rates that led to huge debt incurred by West Torrens and led to its eventual amalgamation.
Not that I am complaining,just as passionate about supporting the new Eagles and have enjoyed the last 20 years immensely.
Whilst disappointed the upgrade won't go ahead in the near future well done to those responsible at the club for making this fiscally responsible decision.
Couldn't agree more EagleRock. I have confidence in our Chairman & CEO to make the correct decision for the Club.
Eagle014
Eagle014

Back to top Go down

Post by Col D Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Club Email to members

The WWTFC can confirm that it has recently put on hold plans for the $4m redevelopment at Woodville Oval approved by the City of Charles Sturt in 2009 that included a lift, disabled access and amenities, and a total refurbishment of the downstairs area to house our changerooms.

Simply, the Club has needed to reassess the scale of the proposed redevelopment considering the uncertainty around our two major revenue streams, namely Gaming Revenue, which will decrease should the Wilkie / Gillard proposal on gaming reforms get through parliament and the SANFL distribution, which can not be guaranteed at existing levels post 2012.

Subsequently, we do not believe that now is the time to be taking on substantial debt which we would have had to do if we continued to pursue our initial plans.

We remain absolutely committed to providing our Members and the Community with a lift, disabled access and amenities, and a refurbishment of our current functions space in the short term. The Club is in the process of commissioning new plans to make this a reality.

Col D

Last edited by Col D on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Col D
Col D

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 am

I was looking forward to the major upgrade. But any upgrade is good.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down