Columbo
The Barton
Headfan
whybother
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eagles v Adelaide Maughan Thiem Kia oval July 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide Maughan Thiem Kia oval July 28

Post by whybother Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:54 pm

As an aside, anyone know when Firns is back?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Adelaide Maughan Thiem Kia oval July 28 - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide Maughan Thiem Kia oval July 28

Post by whybother Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:12 pm

Hi Mickyj..Are you going to be one of the 10 spectators on the eastern boundary tomorrow?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:26 pm

whybother wrote:Hi Mickyj..Are you going to be one of the 10 spectators on the eastern boundary tomorrow?
lol why bother sure will be ! Will have my right hand in a brace but I’ll be there 
Pretty sure Crows fans will  be at Adelaide oval
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:09 pm

whybother wrote:Hi Mickyj..Are you going to be one of the 10 spectators on the eastern boundary tomorrow?
Whybother will it be like last week just us not many more fans
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:28 pm

whybother wrote:As an aside, anyone know when Firns is back?

Next game I believe.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:01 am

Yes. I'm unashamedly a Jack Firns fan - our team always looks "honest" with him in our best 22 and his onfield 100% attitude would have improved the poor body language of the team in the West Adelaide match. debacle
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:01 am

Jack F has got his marking right, pity about his kicking.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:10 am

Premiers wrote:Yes. I'm unashamedly a Jack Firns fan - our team always looks "honest" with him in our best 22 and his onfield 100% attitude would have improved the poor body language of the team in the West Adelaide match. debacle

ditto
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:51 am

whybother wrote:Jack F has got his marking right, pity about his kicking.

I think part of our teams issues are doing fancy stuff and then stuffing their kicks up .
Don’t do the fancy shit get the kicks right 
Firns isn’t the only one Williams tries to do to much fancy stuff 
Come on guys do it simply do it better
Mickys rants now over Smile
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:39 pm

Looks like last week's match style atm.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sun Jul 28, 2024 3:23 pm

What a rabble...worst skills i've ever seen and firns to come back next week
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:57 pm

Really at a loss for words. Been close enough in 4 of the 5 losses but never threatened the opposition.
Yet we may play finals??!
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:39 pm

I can’t explain how pissed off I am 5 straight losses 
Changes to something must be made . Redden was run off his feet . Time to bring up Boyd to get used to playing league footy . 
I’m pissed off watching that crappy game we are playing
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:22 pm

To Mickyj,
I also feel the pain but you keep banging on about promoting Jack Boyd. Have you seen him play? Playing in the Seconds yesterday, he didn't take even one mark! His performances in the Seconds have been awful - a recruiting error.

So there are no remedies for this year with the Crows likely to take our 5th position. I look at the young, athletic talent and game plans of West Adelaide and South Adelaide and wonder whether those teams are better positioned to advance over the next few seasons than we. But that's OK. Wimpy tells us the coach is using this year to sort out the talent (excuse my cynicism !).

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:40 pm

Premiers wrote:To Mickyj,
I also feel the pain but you keep banging on about promoting Jack Boyd. Have you seen him play? Playing in the Seconds yesterday, he didn't take even one mark!  His performances in the Seconds have been awful - a recruiting error.

So there are no remedies for this year with the Crows likely to take our 5th position. I look at the young, athletic talent and game plans of West Adelaide and South Adelaide and wonder whether those teams are better positioned to advance over the next few seasons than we. But that's OK. Wimpy tells us the coach is using this year to sort out the talent (excuse my cynicism !).

Didn’t see him yesterday but have seen him this year 

So what do you suggest Redden out on his feet in the fourth today something must be changed
And excluding our ruck situation how come our players don’t pick their men up our forwards allow the other teams back men to escape 
So much wrong this year
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 28, 2024 7:19 pm

We are currently the worst team in the SANFL. We started the season with a fast and direct attacking style that made us such a high scoring team.

Of recent, all we seem to do is short dangerous passes in our back 50 that get exposed. I counted 6 in one exchange that never left the arc.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:03 pm

I’m not going to hold back.

What an absolutely garbage performance. Think how bad it could have been had Crouch and Curtin not been late omissions.

The team is actually unwatchable at the moment. With the exception of Ballendon, Thompson, Fleeton and Sinor (and Rowe, Knight, D’Aloia and McKay although all these have been mostly been ineffectual and well-down the past 5 weeks) the remainder of the players are basically Amateur league standard. Watch us play and you will see peppered throughout out matches:

- Random hack kicks forward as soon as we gather it from a pack that go straight to opposition
- Kicking the ball out of bounds on the full under no pressure when coming from the backlines (I particularly speak of Litster and Rowland who combined today did this 4 or 5 times and regularly do this)
- Tumble punts when kicking for goal
- Ineffectual dinky checkside kicks on the run due to no skills on the left foot.
- 20m chip passes straight to opposition under zero pressure

Unless there is a massive influx of returning players next season and new recruits the club is in massive trouble. There needs to be a wholesale clean-out of three quarters of the senior squad next season and a recruiting drive similar to what Centrals embarked on this season which turned around their team.

As I said last week, why is the Club proudly announcing the re-signing of many of those in our League and Reserves team who are not up to standard? Truly bizarre. Only chase re-signings of the several players above. For the rest, make them prove they are worth a spot on the list by a strong end to the season then busting themselves during pre-season.

Beattie once more with less than 10 possessions. How this bloke keeps getting a game is as much a mystery as how Hann managed to play the first ten games straight.

Skip the Reserves – they are a write off – and go straight to the U18s. Players like Dodd and Delmenico, Hasting, West, Schwarz and Phillipou are the types that need to be given a go. If only one or two of them avoid being drafted and end up playing for us regularly then we will still be better off in the near-term then recycling players between league and reserves none of whom are up to standard.

The focus right now of Jacobs should be about positioning the club for next season and beyond. Forget Finals - even if my a miracle we made them we will be an embarrassment. Instead, find out who has potential, prune the scrubbers and scour the land and do what is necessary to bring in several recruits ready to go that have a high footy IQ and can properly kick the footy.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:20 pm

Yep Titan2, tell it as it is. There are two basic faults: checking on your opponent, and having some semblance of team play. The club should realise that this is a dangerous time for the club: our many oldies supporters will just become disheartened and drift away,and who will replace them? I admire and pity the South supporters who have supported their club for soooo long without any joy. I may not have the stamina to do the same for a disintegrating shambles that we have become. Back-to-back premiers just a few years ago is a distant memory now.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:35 am

Titan2 wrote:I’m not going to hold back.

What an absolutely garbage performance. Think how bad it could have been had Crouch and Curtin not been late omissions.

The team is actually unwatchable at the moment. With the exception of Ballendon, Thompson, Fleeton and Sinor (and Rowe, Knight, D’Aloia and McKay although all these have been mostly been ineffectual and well-down the past 5 weeks) the remainder of the players are basically Amateur league standard. Watch us play and you will see peppered throughout out matches:

- Random hack kicks forward as soon as we gather it from a pack that go straight to opposition
- Kicking the ball out of bounds on the full under no pressure when coming from the backlines (I particularly speak of Litster and Rowland who combined today did this 4 or 5 times and regularly do this)
- Tumble punts when kicking for goal
- Ineffectual dinky checkside kicks on the run due to no skills on the left foot.
- 20m chip passes straight to opposition under zero pressure

Unless there is a massive influx of returning players next season and new recruits the club is in massive trouble. There needs to be a wholesale clean-out of three quarters of the senior squad next season and a recruiting drive similar to what Centrals embarked on this season which turned around their team.

As I said last week, why is the Club proudly announcing the re-signing of many of those in our League and Reserves team who are not up to standard? Truly bizarre. Only chase re-signings of the several players above. For the rest, make them prove they are worth a spot on the list by a strong end to the season then busting themselves during pre-season.

Beattie once more with less than 10 possessions. How this bloke keeps getting a game is as much a mystery as how Hann managed to play the first ten games straight.

Skip the Reserves – they are a write off – and go straight to the U18s. Players like Dodd and Delmenico, Hasting, West, Schwarz and Phillipou are the types that need to be given a go. If only one or two of them avoid being drafted and end up playing for us regularly then we will still be better off in the near-term then recycling players between league and reserves none of whom are up to standard.

The focus right now of Jacobs should be about positioning the club for next season and beyond. Forget Finals - even if my a miracle we made them we will be an embarrassment. Instead, find out who has potential, prune the scrubbers and scour the land and do what is necessary to bring in several recruits ready to go that have a high footy IQ and can properly kick the footy.

Titan2
I would have smashed my laptop by now if I had to write what I thought. Thanks, I 100% agree with you.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:08 am

Premiers wrote:To Mickyj,
I also feel the pain but you keep banging on about promoting Jack Boyd. Have you seen him play? Playing in the Seconds yesterday, he didn't take even one mark!  His performances in the Seconds have been awful - a recruiting error.

While expecting to improve from 2022 and 2023 I would expect a first time coach significantly learn from his first year, I wasn't inferring that he should abandon winning just to find out what he has or hasn't got.
For a start Goldy and Menzel can not be there next season. Players like Barkla, Hann, Nichols, Buck and McFarlane are not good enough to play consistently at league level. We seem to lack enthusiasm and a hard work ethic at the moment.

We have no consistent or dominant forward, defensively we are a mess there is a lot of work to be done in the off season to rectify our short comings.

I believe Boyd has a two year contract, it will be up to Boyd whether he stays or goes, if he wants to stay, the Club will respect his decision.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:24 pm

Seeing we have a bye for 2 weeks I’ll post the injury list here 

Riley KnightConcussion3 weeks
Patrick WeckertQuadTest
Sam NichollsShoulderTest
Kade HerbertHipTest
Liam UedingQuadTest
Jordan LukacShoulderTest
Jay WatsonIllnessTest
Bailey ArthurHamstring2-3 weeks
Patrick TooleAnkle4-6 weeks
David Brinker-RitchieKneeIndefinite
Daniel SladojevicBackIndefinite
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:47 pm

So Strachan gets a $125 fine for wiping out Williams. on Sunday. He will have to go without a latte or two. I wonder what his pay scale is to play down in our League?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:11 pm

whybother wrote:So Strachan gets a $125 fine for wiping out Williams. on Sunday. He will have to go without a latte or two. I wonder what his pay scale is to play down in our League?

Do we know what actually happened to knight ?

Strachan if he gets delisted let’s find some brown paper bags ( that’s a joke by the way )
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:14 pm

I believe Knighter has done his AC joint and is having surgery tomorrow.
Unless what I heard at the ground was wrong.
Concussion plus AC Joint.
Poor bugger, he's certainly injury prone.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:45 pm

The Barton wrote:I believe Knighter has done his AC joint and is having surgery tomorrow.
Unless what I heard at the ground was wrong.
Concussion plus AC Joint.
Poor bugger, he's certainly injury prone.

Thanks  The Barton
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next