The media have just found the Eagles

4 posters

Go down

The media have just found the Eagles Empty The media have just found the Eagles

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

The media have jumped on the Eagles bandwagon .Take a look at mondays centre man round 4.
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/monday-morning-centreman-rd-3/story-e6freckc-1225855200603
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

The media have just found the Eagles Empty Re: The media have just found the Eagles

Post by areaman Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 pm

I'd prefer to keep flying under the radar personally!
areaman
areaman

Back to top Go down

The media have just found the Eagles Empty Re: The media have just found the Eagles

Post by spell_check Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:22 pm

areaman wrote:I'd prefer to keep flying under the radar personally!

Exactly. It seems only when you convincly beat Sturt at Unley, you are worthy contenders! That is so not true when you have played just three minor round matches out of 20!
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Ha ... it's like the messenger paper printing their top 50 SANFL players at the start of the year and Luke Powell not being in it. No doubt he'd be in the top 5 if he played for north or one of the other teams that the media seem to think they need to promote.

Someone then told me it was based on last year, which is fair enough since Luke wasn't fit for most of last year, but then how the hell do they include Scott Welsh in the list if it based on last year's SANFL form?!

Doesn't matter, I'm sure Powell doesn't care whether he's in the list and he's already shown this season how ridiculous it is that he missed out.
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayf Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:44 am

I also found Scott Walsh's report in the sunday mail after one of the trial games interesting -

'Michael Godden's plans to erase the pain of finishing sixth last season - their first finals lockout since 1998'

I was surprised to read that given that I thought I watched the Eags play a couple of finals last year. I know everyone makes mistakes and obviously he was talking about the year before, but seriously, if you're paid to write about the SANFL, at least have some clue about what you're writing. And if you don't have a clue you could still do some research, but I guess it's easier to make stuff up.

Last edited by Nayf on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelling)
Nayf
Nayf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down