Premiers
Headfan
Gazz
Goddsy11
Mickyj
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles v Crows Adelaide oval Sat jun 15th  - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Crows Adelaide oval Sat jun 15th

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:35 pm

whybother wrote:Credit where credit is due. Altho, it could have been your daughter.

lol she cheered loudly for the eagles we both did
After the game she went into the Adelaide cheer squad
I’m happy we won and I was there to witness it
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Crows Adelaide oval Sat jun 15th  - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles v Crows Adelaide oval Sat jun 15th

Post by Aerie Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Top of the table!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:22 am

Just noticed: Lachie Jones dropped from AFL to bottom team. Is he on the way back to the Eagles?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:08 pm

Relef !!
Good win against a potentially dangerous opponent ( Adelaide will cause an upset shortly).
Stats suggest Crows O'Brien's had a "blinder" Funny, because I thought Redden beat him in the ruck contests giving excellent service to Knight, Daloia, Sinor .
Wheare has adjusted to the pace of the game better than some anticipated with his 2 goal snapshot, one a groundball, the other reading offhands and threading a pack; he now needs to show us that he can take a strong overhead mark to convince that he can hold his spot. Hopefully, Rowe, Goldsworthy, Mcfarlane, maybe Menzel, (but Wheare may be preferred) will all return/ be available to give us our strongest team (on paper) for the season.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:36 pm

I'm getting worried with Will Pearce's form. 1st 1/4 last week I thought bog. After that nothing. Yesterday not very much. The kid has talent but I'm not sure desire.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Premiers wrote:Relef !!  
Good win against a potentially dangerous opponent ( Adelaide will cause an upset shortly).
Stats suggest Crows O'Brien's had a "blinder" Funny, because I thought Redden beat him in the ruck contests giving excellent service to Knight, Daloia, Sinor .
Wheare has adjusted to the pace of the game better than some anticipated with his 2 goal snapshot, one a groundball, the other reading offhands and threading a pack; he now needs to show us that he can take a strong overhead mark to convince that he can hold his spot. Hopefully, Rowe, Goldsworthy, Mcfarlane, maybe Menzel, (but Wheare may be preferred) will all return/ be available to give us our strongest team (on paper) for the season.

I agree with your comments Premiers
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:02 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:I'm getting worried with Will Pearce's form. 1st 1/4 last week I thought bog. After that nothing. Yesterday not very much. The kid has talent but I'm not sure desire.

Yeah I noticed it this game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:34 pm

Match review

Woodville-West Torrens recovered from a slow start to brush aside Adelaide with a 53-point win against Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Eagle Zac Buck booted the opening goal of the game but his team found itself trailing by 15 points at the first change as the Crows booted the next four goals of the term.

It was enough for Sam Jacobs’ charges to click into gear as they piled on 14 of the next 17 goals of the match to respond to last round’s narrow loss to Central District.

Finishing with 20 more inside 50s, 19 more clearances and 33 more tackles, the Eagles dictated terms in the second half as midfielder Adam D’Aloia continued his red-hot form.

D’Aloia racked up 29 disposals, 11 clearances and seven tackles while captain Joey Sinor made a successful return from a hamstring strain to finish with 28 disposals and seven clearances.

Eagle Riley Knight laid 13 tackles to go with 27 touches while Josh Morris continues to grow into his role at half-back nicely since returning from Hawthorn, tallying 21 disposals and seven marks.

Buck and second-gamer Jack Wheare booted three goals each for the Eagles, while Max Beattie, Luke McKay and Pat Weckert kicked two apiece.

Adelaide’s Zac Taylor battled hard for his 26 disposals while ruckman Reilly O’Brien accumulated 21 disposals, five clearances and 35 hit outs.

Crow Luke Pedlar collected 19 disposals and seven tackles while first-year draftee Daniel Curtin had 18 disposals
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:25 pm

"He (commentator) must have read your post on SAfooty and stopped calling us woodville..it was so annoying"

Both commentators on the replay I saw variously called us Woodville, West Torrens and occasionally Eagles.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:18 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:I'm getting worried with Will Pearce's form. 1st 1/4 last week I thought bog. After that nothing. Yesterday not very much. The kid has talent but I'm not sure desire.

But he hasn't had any form!! Since he has come into our team this season from injury he's been very disappointing. I mentioned it a fortnight ago - he doesn't play with any desperation to keep the ball in the forward 50 and he lets his opponent just run off him without chasing.......and then he will play a 5 mins burst of great footy.......and then nothing the rest of the game.

I agree he has talent but his obvious lack of effort will hold him back from the player he could be which is disappointing.

Once Menzel is back fit we can only play one of them up forward and I would go Menzel hands down.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:19 pm

Did Redden get injured during the match?

Halfway through the match he was involved in a contest up the northern end that left him on the ground for quite a long time. He came off after that and didn't play any of the last quarter. That said, I did see him walking to the 3/4 time huddle but couldn't see whether he was wearing an ice-pack.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:24 pm

Next match Rowe will be back and Macfarlane surely has to come in with his excellent last month in the reserves including the weekend's 30 possession game.

Hann and Pearce to spend some time in the reserves.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:18 am

Pearce isn't fit enough to play that forward role at the moment. Put him at half back, maybe via the reserves. His kick is his weapon. He is too good for Reserves. Needs a huge pre-season/luck with injury for next year.

Look at Williams. The criticism of him in the past was his lack of fitness/effort as well. He is now league standard fit and having a great season on ball. Despite that miss late against Central, his gut running to get himself in that position in the first place was outstanding.

Nick Hayes is another example. Yes, Nick was gifted with more height than Pearce and a great set of hands, but it wasn't until his last couple of seasons before he left that he really got as fit and worked as hard in that forward position as he could and he went from a very good player to an outstanding player.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:47 am

Come back Nick, and bring your brother with you! Aren't there other brothers somewhere too?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:57 am

Redden did his hamstring
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:09 pm

Pizs weak this one

Eagle Josh Morris has been handed a $125 fine and reprimand for engaging in rough conduct with Adelaide’s Jay O’Leary at Adelaide Oval on Saturday.

Josh Morris (Eagles) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)

Conduct: Careless

Impact: Low

Penalty: $125 Fine and Reprimand

https://youtu.be/5y6xESVxJAY
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:43 pm

Josh M's tackle wasn't anywhere near as reckless as Wonder Boy from Port and Nondescript from Central.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:49 pm

whybother wrote:Josh M's tackle wasn't anywhere near as reckless as Wonder Boy from Port and Nondescript from Central.

Port fans online or Facebook are up in arms it’s great
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:01 am

Mickyj wrote:Redden did his hamstring

Need him against NA in a fortnight. Crying or Very sad That NA Ruckman always seems to get the better of us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:04 am

Aerie wrote:Pearce isn't fit enough to play that forward role at the moment. Put him at half back, maybe via the reserves. His kick is his weapon. He is too good for Reserves. Needs a huge pre-season/luck with injury for next year.

Look at Williams. The criticism of him in the past was his lack of fitness/effort as well. He is now league standard fit and having a great season on ball. Despite that miss late against Central, his gut running to get himself in that position in the first place was outstanding.

Nick Hayes is another example. Yes, Nick was gifted with more height than Pearce and a great set of hands, but it wasn't until his last couple of seasons before he left that he really got as fit and worked as hard in that forward position as he could and he went from a very good player to an outstanding player.

It's great to see Williams starting to play good football, talking to him, I think self confidence was one of his biggest problems, he really let his "not so good games" get to him. He just needs to hit more targets and learn to kick around the corner, especially when snapping at goal. His season so far has been very encouraging. I think one of Jacob's best attributes is giving confidence and encouragement to his players. Just a couple more he has to work on.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:28 pm

wimpy wrote:
Aerie wrote:Pearce isn't fit enough to play that forward role at the moment. Put him at half back, maybe via the reserves. His kick is his weapon. He is too good for Reserves. Needs a huge pre-season/luck with injury for next year.

It's great to see Williams starting to play good football, talking to him, I think self confidence was one of his biggest problems, he really let his "not so good games" get to him. He just needs to hit more targets and learn to kick around the corner, especially when snapping at goal. His season so far has been very encouraging. I think one of Jacob's best attributes is giving confidence and encouragement to his players. Just a couple more he has to work on.

Great point. Only have to listen to Chris McDermott’s HOF speech last night, and the encouraging words given by his early coach, John Halbert, and how they stuck with him. Likewise, negative remarks can cut deep sometimes too. It’s a very good attribute for Jacob’s to have.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:02 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Redden did his hamstring

Need him against NA in a fortnight.  Crying or Very sad  That NA Ruckman always seems to get the better of us.
True
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2