xmas morning flick

Go down

xmas morning flick Empty xmas morning flick

Post by Mickyj Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:52 am

Well it is xmas morning in Adelaide .After a hot sticky xmas evening I awoke rather early .After feeding me and the cat packed the car up with my gear and off I headed .
Parking not to far away from millionaires row down the bay way. Yes not far from that shooting the other week I was set .
Selecting one of my strike pro pgymy lures (fathers day gift ) I was off .Small fish were jumping and I was getting follows .Then with a bad cast I was snagged up tried the bow and arrow thing with the line but I lost the lure .
Ok one lure down and I was off again tying on a new lure . I was in lala land when there was jumping near my line .Not sure if it was a fish or my lure fouling with my line I brought the lure in and cast again.
With the reel screaming (i dont set the drag until i have to ) I was on to a tiny fish . Waking up I thought what are u doing lifted my 7ft rod and placed the undersized Salmon Trout on the ground Shocked .How this foul hooked fish didnt fall off I have no idea and it was taking line !!
xmas morning flick 2eki2c4
another view of this jumping jack fish lol
xmas morning flick 2jdge1k

With spirits raised I kept on my with my walking and casting .I went under the new bridge must say I didnt like being under it so I crossed over and tried the little beach on the other side of the Pat . I did get lots of small bream following and some hitting the lure but no more fish .Thinking I was hearing locals make noise I realised it was thunder when I saw the lightning over head .Just as I lost old faithful gold pgymy strike pro .
Decided discretion was better than continuing on my way .
So 30 bucks down the tubes lightning going off above my head 1 small ST landed .Was it worth the effort hell yes !!! 3 species on hardbodies and a great way to wake up !!
Merry xmas everyone !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

xmas morning flick Empty Re: xmas morning flick

Post by Mickyj Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Went to West lakes this morning was supposedly 17 when I left my god it was chilly in the wind.Tried two beaches lots of follows from small fish .And 1 bad cast almost resulted in a 40cm plus fish not sure what happened thought my lure was appraoching a snag in the shallows .Suddenly the water exploded and the snag swam off with my lure for a very short distance
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down