whybother
35Eagles
The Barton
Goddsy11
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27

Post by wimpy Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Backline is a mess firns and bruce too short and slow

We ain't got anything else.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27

Post by wimpy Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:26 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Apart from the obvious deficiences in defence think we also lack a key target in attack. Cook isn't league standard. The amount of goals Centrals were gifted for head ducks was frustrating.

Turn the shoulder and roll in to the tackler, bloody disgraceful and the umpires kept falling for it.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Apart from the obvious deficiences in defence think we also lack a key target in attack. Cook isn't league standard. The amount of goals Centrals were gifted for head ducks was frustrating.

I thought Cook showed something in Round 1. Unfortunately today he had a shocker.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 pm

wimpy wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:Backline is a mess firns and bruce too short and slow

We ain't got anything else.

There is a bloke in the Reserves - Ueding - who has been on our list for the past 4 years or so at Full Back . Yet we have people like Bruce and Firns being elevated to play these key back positions and this bloke has never once been considered.

I don't know much about him but if he can't get a game given our deficiencies down back then what is he doing on our list ?

Last edited by Titan2 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 pm

The reserves boys were disappointed but some didn't show it. But poor Tate Delmenico he was the most upset out of them all. He basically was in tears when he saw me after the game so i showed him compassion and he thanked me for it before the Anzac ceremony. Niemann especially had a smile back on his face. I told a few what i did yes can understand it all. But he's emotional like that i asked one of the players if he's like that and not everyone had known he was like it today.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

[quote="35Eagles"]The reserves boys were disappointed but some didn't show it. But poor Tate Delmenico he was the most upset out of them all. He basically was in tears when he saw me after the game so i showed him compassion and he thanked me for it before the Anzac ceremony. Niemann especially had a smile back on his face. I told a few what i did yes can understand it all. But he's emotional like that i asked one of the players if he's like that and not everyone had known he was like it today.

I noticed that Neimann Hudson Charles Andrews McGrath came over to chat after i showed Tate compassion.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 am

Liam Ueding has been around for a while, he has always been a good mark and generally spoils well. His biggest knock is his kicking. It used to be dreadful but gradually he has improved it, not a lot of penetration but starting to hit targets. He would be about the same height as Firns and Bruce, if Thompson and Moore continue to be sidelined I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance.
Oscar Pearce at 6'6" was one the club would have hoped gave them depth at CHB, but at the start of last year's U18 season he badly injured his ankle and never really recovered. In the off season he had an operation on it to correct it but he has now has injured his other foot. I think he would be a long way off playing league football.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am

Liam nas known to ruck a bit at under 18s leve l he's got a big leap if he needs to do it.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:31 am

Good mark, spoils well, good leap.....sounds exactly what we need in a defender even if height wise he is only Firns/Bruce stature. Also important is if he has got an understanding of how to play as a key defender which I assume he does since he's been our FB for the last 4 years. If he's not considered then I ask the question once more.....why is he even part of our squad?

Yes, would be good if his kicking was decent but we had a bloke by the name of Grieger at one point in time whose kicking left a lot to be desired and would generally handball the footy if he ever got it.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:25 pm

Without the masterly defensive efforts of Luke Thompson, when Beecken's, Morris and Fleeton's offence occasionally ends up being rebounded from downfield, we're caught out of position. Reminds us how important Thommo is and how good he is. Hopefully, the lure of playing 300 games in 2025 has him fronting up again in 2025
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Correction above. Luke Thompson possibly reaching 250 milestone if he plays on in 2025 (not 300). Still a mighty achievement !
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 pm

I see Redden got best on ground playing on ANZAC Day for Southern Eagles.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Yes, maybe he’s being true to his original plan of mentoring and filling in when our two lead Ruckmen are injured. Now Lukac is back maybe it’s job done on the playing side until we are short again. Lukac certainly does more around the ground than Redden but Reddo’s tap work is elite, giving our midfield first look at the ball. It’ll be interesting if Reddo plays for us this week on the matchbox size Dog Poo Park
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Titan2 wrote:Good mark, spoils well, good leap.....sounds exactly what we need in a defender even if height wise he is only Firns/Bruce stature. Also important is if he has got an understanding of how to play as a key defender which I assume he does since he's been our FB for the last 4 years. If he's not considered then I ask the question once more.....why is he even part of our squad?

Yes, would be good if his kicking was decent but we had a bloke by the name of Grieger at one point in time whose kicking left a lot to be desired and would generally handball the footy if he ever got it.

Harrison Dawkins was one who looked good last year. Another undersized defender, but he has a good leap, spoils strongly and is a good kick. Looks like he’s been sidelined with an ankle injury so far this season, but hopefully back soon, presumably via the Reserves?
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm

The Barton wrote:Yes, maybe he’s being true to his original plan of mentoring and filling in when our two lead Ruckmen are injured. Now Lukac is back maybe it’s job done on the playing side until we are short again. Lukac certainly does more around the ground than Redden but Reddo’s tap work is elite, giving our midfield first look at the ball. It’ll be interesting if Reddo plays for us this week on the matchbox size Dog Poo Park

I hope not. With how good he was in the first few games, I’d hope he’d continue on. He and Lukac could form a good tandem, leaving Ballenden up forward.

Whatever keeps him fresh of mind and enjoying his footy. If that’s the odd game back home, then so be it, but I hope we haven’t seen the last of him.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 pm

Premiers wrote:Correction above. Luke Thompson possibly reaching 250 milestone if he plays on in 2025 (not 300). Still a mighty achievement !

He should make it to 250 SANFL games this year, he needs 8 more, believe he played 12 in the Crows reserves so will take until next year to push over the 250 WWTFC games. On his form this year he could easily go around again. A valuable player, great clubman and great human.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:01 am

I heard he signed on for a further 2 years at the end of last year but i suppose if he decides he's had enough after this year he can just pull the plug.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:25 am

It's very hard to win a match when your full forward and CHF don't kick a goal between them.
Apart from the first quarter I thought we battled on very gamely with the decimated team we put out. Central's skills were a bit better, their entry in to their forward area was much cleaner than ours and they beat us convincingly in the air. Of the six ins, I only thought Jordan Lukac played up to league standard. Mawson's lack of intense training and match fitness told on him.
Barkla, Hann, Cooke and Bruce did nothing to inspire me.

On the weekend we had the following missing: Brinker-Ritchie, Redden, Knight, Thompson, Beattie, Will Pearce, Nicholls, Menzel, Herbert, Moore, Jack Boyd, Dawkins, Sladojevic, Watson, Oscar Pearce, Blair and Capogreco. It was very hard to put out a competitive reserves team with so many missing.

Last edited by wimpy on Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

Good summary as always Wimpey. We never gave up which was an encouraging sign, last year it would have blown out to a 6 - 8 goal loss.

A lot of the SANFL teams have been belted with injury this year for some reason and we are certainly no exception and right up there with the teams with the most missing. South in particular, they had to call on reinforcements from the southern league earlier in the year to fill 2 senior teams I believe.

With Centrals losing their number 1 ruckman for the year (McCormack) and no recognised second ruck, they will be exposed against the better sides as the year goes on. They've got depth but they are all short arses and with Dale Pearce getting injured as well they have only Hugo Munster left as a tall marking forward.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:56 pm

wimpy wrote:It's very hard to win a match when your full forward and CHF don't kick a goal between them.
Apart from the first quarter I thought we battled on very gamely with the decimated team we put out. Central's skills were a bit better, their entry in to their forward area was much cleaner than ours and they beat us convincingly in the air. Of the six ins, I only thought Jordan Lukac played up to league standard. Mawson's lack of intense training and match fitness told on him.
Barkla, Hann, Cooke and Bruce did nothing to inspire me.

On the weekend we had the following missing: Brinker-Ritchie, Redden, Knight, Thompson, Beattie, Will Pearce, Nicholls, Menzel, Herbert, Moore, Dawkins, Sladojevic, Watson, Oscar Pearce, Blair and Capogreco. It was very hard to put out a competitive reserves team with so many missing.

Good call Wimpy. Thought Sladejovic would have been useful if he wasn’t unavailable.
BTW did you leave Boyd out of your list for a reason? Can’t be for “long term injury”, because you included Brinker-Ritchie.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm

Channel 7 game this week against Sturt
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:10 pm

MichaelScott wrote:Channel 7 game this week against Sturt

We'd better turn up to play again this week, we're on the big screen!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Have we ever won a game without Luke Thompson, and I notice today's injury report lists him as missing 1-2 games.

Re Redden, I understand that he is helping the Club while enjoying himself training ( some say) 1x week with his lawn mowing round keeping him fit. A shame. Because our Finals chances may hinge on him playing each week - "miles" ahead of Jordan Lukac.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 pm

In an effort to create a new look forward line, I wonder whether the selectors will rush Will Pearce immediately into the HF slot - his finger tendon repair would not have stopped a strenuous running program so fitness-wise, should be OK. Add Menzel (today'injury report says "Test") and our forward line looks a little more potent. Also, Luke McKay had a quiet one by his recent standards and may be productive
Ballenden is the enigma - at times, he looks like he is capable of ripping the game apart and then drops easy marks that could win the game. Poor goal conversion as well.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3