whybother
35Eagles
The Barton
Goddsy11
Mickyj
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:40 am

With both Lukac and Cooke named and a very large Elizabeth Oval, I think Reddo will be heading for a rest.
I doubt if Menzel will play, looked very, very sore after last weeks match.
Also, Knights, Morris, Thompson and Herbert all looked to have some problems.
Good to see Josh Mawson back in the squad.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bulldogs v Eagles Elizabeth oval April 27

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:19 am

wimpy wrote:With both Lukac and Cooke named and a very large Elizabeth Oval, I think Reddo will be heading for a rest.
I doubt if Menzel will play, looked very, very sore after last weeks match.
Also, Knights, Morris, Thompson and Herbert all looked to have some problems.
Good to see Josh Mawson back in the squad.

Our club's injury report fails to mention them, but a couple looked very suspect match day. One day less to recover.
The dogs could run Reddo ragged on that ground, so I suspect you are correct with the rest option.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am

I think Thomo will be an out this week as well. In’s likely to be Lukac, Bruce and Cookie in my opinion . Will be hard to win out there this week
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm

I thought Herbert might have received a shoulder injury.
Morris and Knight seemed to get through training OK.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm

35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm

2 x YP people this indicates redden has definitely been rested or Litster been dropped or Neumann?? In comments or Herbert out.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 pm

Just seen Athelstone football club post with teams on it no O'Reilly named in it so he finally gets a reserves game well finally for his sake of it.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:26 pm

Does anyone among you legends have any idea as to whether Centrals are suffering injury problems similar to us?
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 pm

I had a quick look, and they seem to have a long interchange list. Not familiar with players names though
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:47 pm

Wonder how the opposition will treat McGrath in the reserves as he's playing against his old team. Which he loves it at Eagles.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:21 pm

Just read the below re Charlie West. Didn't know he was the grandson of Wayne Jackson! I presume they'll be trying to get his groin injury right for the State U18 Champs. Given he was on the verge for league selection in round 1, I presume he is another to look out for as the season progresses.

“Charlie’s contested marking is his greatest weapon. He took 42 marks, including 20 contested, in six games as a bottom-ager at under-18 level last season, which highlights his marking ability. At his SANFL testing in February, he ran the 20m sprint in 2.9 seconds, which shows he has genuine speed for his size as well. He is the grandson of Wayne Jackson (former Eagles player and president and AFL chief executive) and is very much in contention for this year’s draft pool. He was an emergency for our league team in Round 1 but is carrying a bit of a groin injury at the moment. Charlie has massive upside.’’ – Eagles under-18 coach Shane Reardon.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:47 pm

Aerie wrote:Just read the below re Charlie West. Didn't know he was the grandson of Wayne Jackson! I presume they'll be trying to get his groin injury right for the State U18 Champs. Given he was on the verge for league selection in round 1, I presume he is another to look out for as the season progresses.

“Charlie’s contested marking is his greatest weapon. He took 42 marks, including 20 contested, in six games as a bottom-ager at under-18 level last season, which highlights his marking ability. At his SANFL testing in February, he ran the 20m sprint in 2.9 seconds, which shows he has genuine speed for his size as well. He is the grandson of Wayne Jackson (former Eagles player and president and AFL chief executive) and is very much in contention for this year’s draft pool. He was an emergency for our league team in Round 1 but is carrying a bit of a groin injury at the moment. Charlie has massive upside.’’ – Eagles under-18 coach Shane Reardon.

He's at college still
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 pm

[quote="35Eagles"]
Aerie wrote:Just read the below re Charlie West. Didn't know he was the grandson of Wayne Jackson! I presume they'll be trying to get his groin injury right for the State U18 Champs. Given he was on the verge for league selection in round 1, I presume he is another to look out for as the season progresses.

He's at college still. Wayne was involved with Prince Alfred College if u look it up.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:25 am

I’m seeing on another forum we have 8 league players out today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:

He's at college still. Wayne was involved with Prince Alfred College if u look it up.

Thanks 35Eagles. Does college football still prioritise unless they are playing league or State?

My Poppa, who would've been 20 odd years older, used to play tennis with Wayne and always spoke very highly of him, how well mannered and respectful etc. he was as a young player coming through.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

Aerie wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:

Thanks 35Eagles. Does college football still prioritise unless they are playing league or State?

My Poppa, who would've been 20 odd years older, used to play tennis with Wayne and always spoke very highly of him, how well mannered and respectful etc. he was as a young player coming through.

Can play state but not league or reserves as they've got school boys football for college. Not sure when it ends but yes they can play when it's school holidays
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

Looks like none of those named on the I/C bench in the league are playing reserves?
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 pm

[quote="Goddsy11"]Looks like none of those named on the I/C bench in the league are pl

aying reserves?[/quote

Nicholls covid menzel redden Herbert Thompson Knight out. Knight hurt calf at training last night. Boyd had appendix out last night. Think that's all out 6 changes.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm

[quote="Goddsy11"]Looks like none of those named on the I/C bench in the league are

playing reserves?[/quot

Knight calf Nicholls covid Menzel Redden Herbert Thompson maybe Morris out. Boyd appendix out last night.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:15 pm

35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Looks like none of those named on the I/C bench in the league are

playing reserves?[/quot

Knight calf Nicholls covid Menzel Redden Herbert Thompson maybe Morris out. Boyd appendix out last night.

Ouch
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Looks like none of those named on the I/C bench in the league are

playing reserves?[/quot

Ouch

6 changes sorry Herbert too
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:43 pm

Quarter time and not looking good at all. Eagles could probably count themselves lucky not being down a few more goals than they are.

The team needs to wake up.

Ballendon - drops two simple marks that likely would have been goals for us.

What the hell is going on with the backline? Similar to Round 1 they just aren't manning up allowing the doggies forwards too much space. And why are the Centrals forwards taking so many grabs in the forward 50? C'mon lads put a big spoil on and don't let them take them as easily. Not good at all

Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:57 pm

Backline is a mess firns and bruce too short and slow
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

Probably a good wake-up call for the Eagles. That said, if Centrals are the yardstick then I am confident we can beat them next time if we can iron out our deficiencies which at this point in time is clearly our backline. Also, I feel like our team had more key outs than Centrals. Put each side’s best team on the park and I reckon we can come out in front next time.

Rowe - our best player though some of his field kicking wasn’t great.

Lukac – his stats won’t show it but thought his first game back was actually very good. Has definitely put on some size and strength and showed some glimpses

Williams – a very good game and seemed to play all over the ground.

Fleeton – the only one of our defenders who actually looks like they have a clue about playing in that area at the moment (when Thompson is absent).

Beecken – slightly down on previous weeks but generally pretty good and his two goals were class. I fear we are going to lose him in the mid-season draft.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:39 pm

Apart from the obvious deficiences in defence think we also lack a key target in attack. Cook isn't league standard. The amount of goals Centrals were gifted for head ducks was frustrating.
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next