Mickyj
35Eagles
Goddsy11
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THE 2024 SEASON - Page 4 Empty Re: THE 2024 SEASON

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:29 am

Goddsy11 wrote:I didn't look too close to the U18 side the other day. Kade Herbert playing.

I think you will find that there were two U18 double headers on the week end because it being "Gather Round" weekend all the recruiters were in Adelaide and wanted a chance to see SA's U18 talent. I think you will find U18s playing at a higher level were dropped down to see how they performed against their peers, ie Herbert and Hansen.

I went and watched our U18s easily beat Norwood. We have a very good crop of players. I thought overall Kade Herbert was our best player.
His second half was excellent. He is good in the air, took five very, very strong marks and kicked a couple of goals. Really like Tate Delmenico, he is a 6'3" backman, reads the play well and is good in the air (12 marks), have seen him play quite a lot and he has impressed every time. Zac Schwarz was excellent and a great accumulator, runs all day and has improved his kicking significantly. Underager Jack Cook was very good and used his left foot to good effect. Harry Dodd was very good and Jett Hasting showed blinding speed (3 goals). Big boy Logan Hughes, also an underager (1goal 4) took some very strong marks. there were numerous other good players.
The style of play on display was enjoyable to watch.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm

wimpy wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:I didn't look too close to the U18 side the other day. Kade Herbert playing.

I think you will find that there were two U18 double headers on the week end because it being "Gather Round" weekend all the recruiters were in Adelaide and wanted a chance to see SA's U18 talent. I think you will find U18s playing at a higher level were dropped down to see how they performed against their peers, ie Herbert and Hansen.

I went and watched our U18s easily beat Norwood. We have a very good crop of players. I thought overall Kade Herbert was our best player.
His second half was excellent. He is good in the air, took five very, very strong marks and kicked a couple of goals. Really like Tate , he is a 6'3" backman, reads the play well and is good in the air (12 marks), have seen him play quite a lot and he has impressed every time. Zac Schwarz was excellent and a great accumulator, runs all day and has improved his kicking significantly. Underager Jack Cook was very good and used his left foot to good effect. Harry Dodd was very good and Jett Hasting showed blinding speed (3 goals). Big boy Logan Hughes, also an underager (1goal 4) took some very strong marks. there were numerous other good players.
The style of play on display was enjoyable to watch.

Thanks for that.. I liked Hastings. Smooth mover. Delmenico was great and Schwarz is someone to keep an eye on.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:41 pm

Does Saturday mean that we could have a couple of debuts yes Fleeton but what grade will Renet play that's the question. I've met him on Good Friday and had a bit of a chat to him. But don't know what type of player he is though.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:23 pm

35Eagles wrote:Does Saturday mean that we could have a couple of debuts yes Fleeton but what grade will Renet play that's the question. I've met him on Good Friday and had a bit of a chat to him. But don't know what type of player he is though.

Renet's name doesn't seem to be named in the league or reserves squads on the club's sight from what I can see.

I notice Barkla had 29 possessions in the last match. Is he a chance.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 pm

Someone please tell me the rules and regulations say for example McGrath can he play a full season even though he lives at Aquinas college?? He's in the last year of uni teaching. I just don't know much about the college vs footy especially when he goes to uni.

Last edited by 35Eagles on Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:43 pm

35Eagles wrote:Someone please tell me the rules and regulations say for example McGrath can he play a full season even though he's Aquinas college?? He's in the last year of uni teaching. I just don't know much about the college vs footy especially when he goes to uni.
Like is it like the normal college with say schoolboys footy or is it other.  Being from the country i just don't know how it all works with him.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:47 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
35Eagles wrote:Does Saturday mean that we could have a couple of debuts yes Fleeton but what grade will Renet play that's the question. I've met him on Good Friday and had a bit of a chat to him. But don't know what type of player he is though.

Renet's name  doesn't seem to be named in the league or reserves squads on the club's sight from what I can see.

I just gave Barkla a gentle pat on his right shoulder when the reserves boys were coming off the ground.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:49 pm

35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

Renet's name  doesn't seem to be named in the league or reserves squads on the club's sight from what I can see.

I just gave Barkla a gentle pat on his right shoulder when the reserves boys were coming off the ground.
It's cos they only put the players that have played up in the league and reserves side same as under 18s etc not the players that haven't played a game yet.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:53 pm

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

It's cos they only put the players that have played up in the league and reserves side same as under 18s etc not the players that haven't played a game yet.
So if he plays on Saturday his name will be on the website after Saturday. It's the same as other clubs websites as they don't put the full players list up anymore for league, reserves,  under 16s and under 18s not sure about the womens league or women's development side
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:08 am

Know that McGrath's got a college carnival on mother's day that's why i was wondering re SANFL footy for him
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:54 pm

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

So if he plays on Saturday his name will be on the website after Saturday. It's the same as other clubs websites as they don't put the full players list up anymore for league, reserves,  under 16s and under 18s not sure about the womens league or women's development side
No McFarlane on website either under players so like I've said that when they've played a game it changes on the website and other websites too. Yes Dane was definitely there on Good Friday.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:03 pm

35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

No McFarlane on website either under players so like I've said that when they've played a game it changes on the website and other websites too. Yes Dane was definitely there on Good Friday.

He is on the clubs Injury list posted a week ago as available.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/jones-radiology-injury-report-19/
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:57 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
35Eagles wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:

He is on the clubs Injury list posted a week ago as available.

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/jones-radiology-injury-report-19/
Yes but we need a updated injury list not a week ago
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:46 pm

35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:15 pm

My memory is going. Who was our star player taken by Geelong in last years mid season draft?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:32 pm

whybother wrote:My memory is going. Who was our star player taken by Geelong in last years mid season draft?

Mitch Hardie, had 30 disposal on the weekend.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:31 pm

Thank you. Given we were Gather Round "host" for Geelong, was he in and around Oval. Has he been signed on for longer with them
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:48 pm

Had a few serves of the 9/1 offered before our second game.
Now starting on the 7/1! Still great odds imho!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 pm

whybother wrote:Thank you. Given we were Gather Round "host" for Geelong, was he in and around Oval. Has he been signed on for longer with them
Aa far as i know he's only contracted for this year with them
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:57 pm

whybother wrote:Thank you. Given we were Gather Round "host" for Geelong, was he in and around Oval. Has he been signed on for longer with them
Unfortunately due to accommodation etc wasn't able to attend any of the Gather Round
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 am

I went and watched Geelong train at Woodville Oval, didn't see Mitch, I don't think he came across.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:11 am

I'm sure if Mitch was there they'd have him in a eagles fb photo which they didn't.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:02 pm

THE 2024 SEASON - Page 4 Screen43

EAGLE MCKAY FLIES HIGH
ANDREW CAPEL
Mitch Hardie’s mid-season departure to Geelong last year might have cost
Woodville-West Torrens a finals spot but his influence at the club
continues.
The classy midfielder, who was snapped up by the Cats in the AFL midseason draft and is still on their list, is responsible for gift-wrapping the
Eagles one of the SANFL’s star 2024 recruits.
Hardie’s former Canberra Demons teammate Luke McKay was poised to
join Central District at the end of last season when he “caught wind of the
move’’ and directed him elsewhere.
“We’re really good friends and Mitchy said, ‘mate, if you’re going to play
in Adelaide you’re going to the Eagles’,’’ McKay recalled.
“The next minute I got a call from David Couzner (Eagles chief executive)
and things changed from there.
“I met with both clubs instead of just Central, which had been speaking to
me for a while, and within seconds of being in the Eagles rooms I could see
why Mitchy went there. I loved it and signed soon after.
“So it’s fair to say he had a lot to do with my move.’’
McKay, 27, has been one of the early standout recruits of the new SANFL
season.
After two rounds, he has averaged a super-impressive 23.5 disposals, three
goals and six inside 50s to help the unbeaten Eagles become the early
season pacesetters.
After winning three consecutive best and fairest awards for Narrandera in
the Riverina Football League primarily as a half-back flanker, McKay has
excelled as a half-forward/midfielder for new coach Sam Jacobs’ Eagles
outfit. He has had nine scoring shots, kicking 6.3, including a stunning
five-goal haul on debut against West Adelaide in Round 1.
“I love a goal,’’ McKay said of his new position and ability to hit the
scoreboard.
Named by News Corp last year as the best male player in the Country
NSW/ACT region, the 184cm McKay has displayed his strength, running
power, excellent skills and penetrating kick, which has seen him roost a
couple of goals from outside 50 metres.
“He’s been very damaging and has been a hard match-up for the
opposition because of his ability to cover the ground and break lines so
well, his penetrating kick and the fact he’s good overhead,’’ Jacobs said.
“We couldn’t be more pleased with what he’s done so far.’’
Born in Canberra, McKay played alongside Hardie for three years with the
Canberra Demons in the NEAFL before Hardie moved to Adelaide to chase
his AFL dream.
McKay also left the Demons but didn’t travel as far, moving to the small
town of Narrandera in the Riverina region of southern New South Wales.
But after dominating the league for three seasons, he felt the need to test
himself in a higher standard competition and when SANFL clubs came
calling, he jumped at the chance.
“Playing in the SANFL is something that’s been on my mind for a long
time,’’ said McKay, who has been handed the No. 1 guernsey by the Eagles.
“I remember as a 12-year-old coming to Adelaide for a national carnival
and going to a Glenelg game and absolutely loving it. I thought back then
that if I don’t play AFL I would love to play over here.
“I first had an opportunity when Mitch moved to the Eagles and I met with
West Adelaide but then Covid hit and things didn’t work out as planned
and I went back home.
“But I got the spark back to play at the highest level I possibly can and I’m
stoked with how things have gone so far.’
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:29 pm

Are we being set up for a few mid year draft losses? Weckert?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:57 am

I'm glad that Luke chose eagles. Someone and i spoken about him and McGrath last week about what they're like as people before they' play.  McGrath was happy that we both wished him good luck just before game time as i know that he's not 110% focused and he whispered to me when they're running out after half time.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next