35Eagles
Goddsy11
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

THE 2024 SEASON - Page 5 Empty Re: THE 2024 SEASON

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:25 am

A few good posts for people recently so my response to them

McKay - a very good footy player and glad we have him. The story above tells me that as far as recruitment is concerned, existing player relationships with mates, ex colleagues are a huge factor in enticing a player to our club and we should always be drawing on them as much as we can i.e. does McKay know anyone from the Canberra/Murray leagues who is worth pursuing? What about Beattie? Can he put in a good word? The way McKay has seamlessly stepped into the SANFL demonstrates that country leagues definitely have players who are capable of playing at the top level in SA and may well be a better bet than pursuing recently delisted AFL players.

Sunday's game vs the Power - agreed that this appears to be one of the weakest power sides I've ever seen. Lots of players named who are bone-fide Reserves level players. By contrast, the Eagles team looks pretty good and have great form. Really, our team should demolish this Power side by no less than 10 goals (if the weather is good). But I just hope our players approach the game with the right mindset and don't assume it will be an automatic win. That's when problems can start.

Mid-year AFL draft - I don't think Weckett has done anywhere near enough yet for him to be high on the radar of an AFL club. He was very good in the first half last week (drifted a bit after half time) but he'd probably need to have at least 3-4 more games of that standard before I'd consider him a possibility for mid-season draft. He should probably be looking in the long-term and aiming to have a full and consistent season this season and maybe he gets drafted at season's end.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:49 pm

Rebet came over with McKay. Renet is still on the list but gone home with his adductor injury but will be back. Loved seeing the beautiful smile on Luke's face when i told him that we met Blake.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:54 pm

McGrath is from that way in a way from where Max is from
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:19 pm

35Eagles wrote:Rebet came over with McKay. Renet is still on the list but gone home with his adductor injury but will be back.  Loved seeing the beautiful smile on Luke's face when i told him that we met Blake.

As in he intends to come back for us this Season and play for us when his injury has healed or he intends to come over next season?

Given how well McKay has played I'm interested to see how Renet goes. Here is some commentary on Renet from the Ainslie Football Club (Canberra League) upon him signing for Ainslie for season 2023:

"We are excited to share that Blake Renet has signed for the 2023 season. Blake's previously won first and second-grade premierships at Ainslie and has played senior representative footy for the ACT. Blake's skill, pace, and attack on the footy make him a challenging match-up for opponents, and we can't wait to see him slotting goals again on his dangerous left boot. Blake missed all of 2022 with an ankle injury, but we're confident he'll get back to playing the exciting footy that the Ainslie faithful know and love. He's also a great bloke with an infectious smile, and we're over the moon to have him back!"

There's also this story about him joining the Eagles this season but it sits behind a firewall so you may need a subscription to view:

https://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/8515490/blake-renet-joins-woodville-west-torrens-in-sanfl/
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:27 pm

Sorry think this season think. Renet meant. He's Luke McKay's good mate.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:30 pm

Sorry think this season think. Renet meant. He's Luke McKay's good mate. Dave the ceo told me. I'm happy to have a chat with Luke re Blake next week to see if i can find out more info on him as Luke will chat to me and be affectionate towards me when we're chatting to each other.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:45 pm

35Eagles wrote:Sorry think this season think.  Renet meant. He's Luke McKay's good mate. Dave the ceo told me.  I'm happy to have a chat with Luke re Blake next week to see if i can find out more info on him as Luke will chat to me and be affectionate towards me when we're chatting to each other.even if it's not next week.  Wimpy would know more ok the situation with Blake too maybe but first before i talk about Blake at the Eagles i want to talk to Luke about other stuff. 
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:23 pm

Mitch Hardie another 31 disposals yesterday for Geelong VFL. Not good ! for Eagles chances of getting him back next year. Can only hope that Geelong see him as superfluous, given their inform midfielders and his age and their need to accommodate new young draftees. He is certainly putting his great form in front of the selectors - maybe there's an aspect of his game with which they're not happy. Unapologetically selfish, I just want him delisted and playing for us again in 2025 !!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:30 pm

Re the suggestion of Weckert being drafted, AFL key forwards' average height is 195 cm plus. Weckert is too short for them ( good for us). Also he hasn't got the running skills to play as an AFL midsized flanker or forward pocket. So we're safe.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 pm

Premiers wrote:Re the suggestion of Weckert being drafted, AFL key forwards' average height is 195 cm plus. Weckert is too short for them ( good for us). Also he hasn't got the running skills to play as an AFL midsized flanker or forward pocket. So we're safe.

That’s great for us he did show some skills last week .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Fri May 10, 2024 9:07 pm

I read this today in regards to Jack Hayes and thought it might be of interest

GUN FRINGE SAINT ATTRACTING INTEREST ELSEWHERE

Gun fringe player Jack Hayes last week burst back into St Kilda’s senior side for the first time in 2024, with his skillset catching the eye of other Victorian clubs in the progress.

Foxfooty.com.au understands that multiple Victorian clubs have sparked their interest in the 198cm forward-ruck, with the Saints still yet to table a deal.

However, there is no indication that Hayes wants to leave St Kilda, with all signs pointing towards a hopeful extension at the club.

In a time where fit, key position players are light on in the league, his height, strength and game sense are three of many attributes pricking the ears of rival clubs in Victoria.

Hayes, a born-and-bred South Australian, grew up supporting the Adelaide Crows – but is yet to hear from either club in his home state.

The 28-year-old was picked up by the Saints in early 2022 via the Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP), has proven himself as a player destined for consistent game time at AFL level since his selection.

Hayes ruptured his ACL in late April that same year, and didn’t appear in St Kilda’s senior side until Round 24 last year after a long road to recovery.

Before his maiden 2024 selection last weekend, Hayes had been dominant at VFL level with his average of two goals and 15 disposals a game not doing his impact over three matches justice.

Hayes kicked three goals from 18 disposals on AFL debut in Round 1, 2022 against Collingwood at Marvel Stadium – and has been embraced by Saints fans since.

Due to his unfortunate injury that year, Hayes has played just seven AFL games to date.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat May 11, 2024 6:41 pm

Interesting article above. Jack Hayes is NOT 198cm. I would guess he might be 194cm at most. Doubt the "FOX understands ....." suggestion that multiple clubs would be interested in a 29 yearold by next season.
However, the disappointing thing for the Eagles was that the possibility of Jack playing for the Eagles next season has probably been wiped out by his good form last week.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun May 12, 2024 8:16 am

A lot can change in a week - yesterday, Jack Hayes 2 disposals till 3Q and subbed off ( of course, he might have collected an injury although the journo inferred it was poor form).
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun May 12, 2024 9:38 pm

Premiers wrote:A lot can change in a week - yesterday, Jack Hayes 2 disposals till 3Q and subbed off ( of course, he might have collected an injury although the journo inferred it was poor form).

Anthony Caminiti kicked 3.5 and had 15 touches for Sandringham today, similar numbers to Jack in his 3 VFL games, might be enough for them to do a swap, hopefully Jack gets some more opportunities. If he does get another opportunity next year that isn't at St Kilda, i think he'd look good in a North Melbourne jumper THE 2024 SEASON - Page 5 1f600
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon May 13, 2024 12:24 pm

Jack would look much better in an Eagles jumper along with Mitch Hardie and McNeil in 2025.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Mon May 13, 2024 3:57 pm

Beeken, Rowe and Sinor in State squad. PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE: no injuries!!
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 pm

whybother wrote:Beeken, Rowe and Sinor in State squad. PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE: no injuries!!

Damn no
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Yesterday at 10:01 am

Bit of useless information but I read this morning that Riley Collier-Dawkins is being touted as a possible mid season draft prospect. He's been in very good form, pity we didn't see any of it last year. He'd be captain coach of our worst ever team of recruits!
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by 35Eagles Yesterday at 10:33 am

[quote="The Barton"]Bit of useless information but I read this morning that Riley Collier-Dawkins is being touted as a possible mid season draft prospect. He's been in very good form, pity we didn't see any of it last year. He'd be captain coach of our worst ever team of recruits

Agree. I've been trying to find the mid season nominations but can't find them.
35Eagles
35Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Yesterday at 11:32 am

Every man and his dog normally nominates in pure hope of being drafted. Can't blame them. This years list would be good to see.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Yesterday at 12:17 pm

I saw somewhere can’t think of where Luke Beecken is tipped as going
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Yesterday at 12:23 pm

I'll be surprised if we lose any mid season. Beattie may have been a chance but his injury put paid to that. D'Aloia's disposal by foot lets him down and won't cut it at the elite level.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Yesterday at 1:00 pm

The Barton wrote:Every man and his dog normally nominates in pure hope of being drafted. Can't blame them. This years list would be good to see.

I see Luke Beecken as our player that will most likely leave. Having a good season and made the state side.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Yesterday at 2:00 pm

What strange gods do we have to make an offering to, to make sure he doesn't go.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Yesterday at 2:55 pm

The God of Pussy (he has pet Cats I'm told)
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next