relentless

4 posters

Go down

relentless Empty relentless

Post by Gazz Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:49 am

Great win. Perhaps our best half of footy in 10 years or so. I know we have an opposition and conditions weren't great but that should have been a 100 point hiding.
Couple of games to go and I'm sure the coaches may have a look at some players and freshen others up but we must be relentless in our approach to games. I hope
Jesse Lonergan pulls up, we are a much better side when he is in.For a fit looking bloke he seems fragile but whoever we slot in I'm confident the team will stick to
their guns
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

relentless Empty Re: relentless

Post by Mickyj Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:56 am

Great post
I was shocked how easy it was to destroy Glenelg
Lonergan I’m not sure what he did but he chased a Glenelg player in front of me the other player looked petrified. Then Lonergan ran off .
10 years your probably right it was like a blast from the past
Don’t forget Number 4 he is a Star was a big star in the vfl now he shines for us
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:12 pm

Agree re Lonergan. He adds that muscle in the centre clearance and the Eagles are a better team with him in it. Otherwise I think Firns is his replacement - but Firns must be better and more influential than he was against Norwood. I don’t mind Lee, but he’s not quite as clean as either Lonergan or Firns to be at the coal face in a big game - but playing well enough as a utility if a spot opens up for him come finals.

Sinor, Toumpas, Foote, Tsitas and then add McNeil, Goldsworthy, Rowe, Lee, Hall etc through that midfield. It’s very strong. Lonergan does add that point of difference though.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglesman Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Yes, I certainly thought that we could have used the big body of Lonergan in that game against Norwood recently, we seemed to be brushed aside by Norwood too easily that night. Since then, of course, we have bounced back magnificently.
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum