Great Observation Eaglesman

4 posters

Go down

Great  Observation Eaglesman Empty Great Observation Eaglesman

Post by Gazz Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Very good assessment mate. If I can put my 2 cents worth in- we seem to be able to adjust during the heat of battle. I have heard Cicca's
messages when running and they must be simple enough for all to follow as win/loss indicates at the moment. I think what emphasises the
point is that although we are not fielding our best team( who is? and what is ours?) whoever comes in performs more than adequately.
Do we need a loss to reboot or sod it and just get on a roll-your thoughts
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Great  Observation Eaglesman Empty Re: Great Observation Eaglesman

Post by eaglesman Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:54 pm

Thank you, I am certainly no 'expert' but I do enjoy watching the Eagles play, especially this year!  I am very pleasantly surprised with how well the Eagles have performed so far this year, and that includes the Reserves.  I agree with you about the ability to 'adjust during the heat of battle', and I think that is exactly what seemed to happen in the last quarter at Noarlunga.  At three quarter time I thought we were very fortunate that South had missed so many shots for goal, as with all their opportunities they really should have been well in front at that stage.  But in the last quarter we adjusted defensively and hardly let them have a look in!  In some games, such as against Central and West, I thought we have been very ordinary for parts of the game, yet our best passages of play are very good and also our efficiency is very telling, so that we were still able to win those games comfortably.  I feel that our team selection (including promotion of talented juniors) and balance has been very good this year, and although we have not been able to field our best team each week due to injuries (like all clubs have), to me Sheedy seems really good at getting the best out of the players that are available on any given day.  I don't think we 'need' a loss to reboot.  If we do drop a game or two before the end of the minor round, I will still be happy if we can stay in the top two, and get the double chance in the finals!
eaglesman
eaglesman

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:23 pm

I'll take a local coach over an interstate coach any day. Lonergan was a mistake. Juniors getting a go, fitness better even considering covid.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:19 pm

As just a eagles member I have to say finally a coach trying new things at the eagles . Or is it a style that works over a very defensive system . And whatever last years coach was coaching the players looked disinterested.
Sitting on the outer watching this years games against Centrals and West . Centrals did bring us back to parts of last years game style and their like our lack of height hurt us because players like Rowe couldn’t work his magic to misquote something .
Saying that it looks good to me we’ve left injured players out when needed and skipper Thompson coming back through the seconds is a bonus .
Juniors yes finally again playing them in the league it’s been to long .
I am enjoying Sheedy’s coaching
And honestly I’m happy we are winning I’m not sure how the heck we have .
But a good example in the south game Rowe surrounded by three South backs sanding two metres away from him . He stood there and marked the ball and goaled
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum