wasteful

3 posters

Go down

wasteful Empty wasteful

Post by Gazz Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:11 am

What a dismal way to finish. Is there another side that burns the footy going inside 50
or shooting at goal as much as the Eagles? Consistently picked out a Rooster going
forward. Apart from a 5-6 week block mid season we never really got going and
some changes need to occur for us to return to finals. Perhaps the best footy we played
at the back end was against the Bays in a quality game but again missed opportunities.
Let's hope the reserves and 18s can take out the GF and many thanks to Scott Lewis
on a great career
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

wasteful Empty Re: wasteful

Post by Reddeer Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:43 am

Yes it was a very poor and disappointing way to finish the season. Nothing on the end of the game for the team other than to commit their rival to the wooden spoon. But we were the team that looked like that. Something has taken a dive with the attitude desperation skill level and team work. It appeared briefly mid season but today vanished. Turn over after turnover. Team should have been inspired enough to perform for Scotty Lewis last game but sadly no. Only the very die hard supporters will be interested unless performances improve next year.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Ok I will agree it was a shit year .
Scot Lewis thank you
My point of view this year was stuffed up by Godden departing late . Not enough time to scramble around I think Sam Lonergan is on the right track . But the lateness in Goddens departure also resulted in no real time to recruit properly . I could tell everyone the rumours surrounding Toumpas getting signed but it’s rumours from disgruntled Eagles fans on the terraces at oval ave .
For me I think 2020 preseason will begin earlier than 2019.
The game plan will be fully coached from day 1 and Goddens plan will be a distant memory
But for everything the Eagles need to recruit height and pace
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum