MichaelScott
Columbo
Goddsy11
Gazz
8 posters

Go down

loss to legs Empty loss to legs

Post by Gazz Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Two losses to Norwood,should we be concerned?. I missed The Parade game but todays effort was dismal. Sturt didn't bother us last year until GF day
so if we are lucky enough to win through again and we play Nwd that is a plus. The bye and some players needing a gallop before finals will take some
decent management and we need to find some fluency in our game as well to be a serious contender. Your thoughts?

PS i must admit i thought we would finish around 5th this season
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

loss to legs Empty Re: loss to legs

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Why was Jake C playing B grade. Thought he was one of our best last week. N0 18 Minney. Too short for SANFL and not good enough. The result flattered us.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Think the toss was important today, they won it and got pretty much 3 quarters with the breeze, although it did blow across the ground a bit. Once the rain came they were in a good position to play their game and deserved to get the win.
The player management probably started today with Pup and Wundke coming back, they have missed about 5 or 6 weeks and with the bye coming up they probably had to have a run today, at the same time Pooley and Paddy have had an opportunity to have an extra week off.
We havent had a full strength side for whon knows how long, to get to the position we are in is a mammoth effort, and while it sucks to lose today we are still 3 games clear on top.
Couple of interesting things from today, Dean Terlich had a bit of a go at Wundke for his effort in a contest near the bench then late in the game had a pretty selfish shot on goal which missed when he could have kicked to a teammate in the goal square, didnt effect the outcome but theres no I in team. Also the post match celebration from their players today seemed a bit over the top, moreso after the post siren goal, recall Glenelg doing something similar a few years back, not sure they have beaten us since.

On a positive note congrats to the ressies boys today, it's been a tough couple of months but they have played some good footy in patches today their second half was pretty strong and they got the result.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:11 pm

Really poor selection...missed Jake C's run..too many plodders...I do not want to see Haylock Minney or Summerton in A Grade again this year
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by LindsayHead17 Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Jake C's "desperation" is something that just cant be taught. It's good we've had the chance to look at a few at league level though which didnt happen that much last year. Not the end of the world today but hopefully it wont happen again with a stronger side, whips cracking and playing for sheep stations. Make no mistake Norwood built for weeks earmarking this game to knock us off, question is did we build for weeks to knock Norwood off? I dont think so and that's a curse being top of the tree.

Last edited by LindsayHead17 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
LindsayHead17
LindsayHead17
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:55 am

Wow I can log in on my phone again
Yeah wasn't happy but a loss we had to have
Pup and Wundke maybe one should've been in
The seconds
Saying that two weeks to get going again
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:45 am

Overuse of hand ball in windy wet conditions Dumb
The less said about that performance the better
Might be a blessing to get that one out of the way before the real stuff start
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:56 pm

I wouldn't be too worried about the loss to Norwood. I have felt this coming for 5-6 weeks, we've been struggling a bit. I feel it should fuel our determination if we meet them in a final, just like Sturt did to us last year. The week off should be quite refreshing for most players. It is a bit of a bitter/sweet break as Pup and Wundke could really do with the run.
Jake C's demotion would not have been for his lack of endeavour, but probably to give him a chance to find more of the ball to get his confidence up. I thought one of either Minney, Gaffney, Haylock or Comma would be left out of the 21.
The coming together of our best team has not and will not happen if Rowntree is considered to be in the best 21. At the start of the season we had 15 of last years grand final team available for selection but having the 15 play in the same team has not happened - the best was 13 players for the first 7 matches, this has been eroded to 10 for the last 4 matches. As has been mentioned, expectations from supporters was not to make the finals or just sneak in. I always thought this would be a suck and see season but has turned out considerably better. The club has had a really good look at it's cattle and should be well placed for the next few seasons. On Saturday I think there was 12 outs and 12 ins for the U18's this is great exposure for many aspirants.
The loss of college football players and good numbers opens up opportunities.
Next year let's hope Jake V B is back and Jack Lukosius has developed enough to play league and it would be nice to have Jimmy T. back'
At the presentation of awards coach Godden said "Norwood don't win well" I assume this referred to the leg's after siren celebrations. I think this will be put in the memory box.
Clubs Best:
1) S Lewis
2) N Hayes
3) L McGregor
4) P Stewart
5) L Thompson
6) J Sinor
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:12 pm

Good feedback Wimpey. The player best are the usual suspects. We need to start seeing some newcomers in that list. We have some good players coming back and the weeks break will do no harm.

Jake C had some good possessions in the 2's. Young Weed had a few touches as well. How is Cam Giles going? His stats look ok but is he playing enough?

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Well written Wimpy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:43 pm

Cam is getting better every week, has strung 4 or 5 games together now so fingers crossed he can get through the last 2 two's games and have a strong pre-season. As it is highly unlikely the 2's will make the finals he may be a chance to continue training with the league squad just in case, we don't have alot of big bodies.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:28 am

Any one se this on the SANFL website. Jack Lukosius  looks a gun. Looks ready for A Grade.

https://youtu.be/Z76gY9S6QcM
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:25 am

goddy11 wrote:Any one se this on the SANFL website. Jack Lukosius  looks a gun. Looks ready for A Grade.

https://youtu.be/Z76gY9S6QcM

He has played seconds one or two games
Might be late this year or next
Still needs time to mature I think
But then Gods might bring him up
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:31 am

goddy11 - had a look at it yesterday. Followed most of his career and watched many of his games. Is a rare talent, great hands, supurb mark, good pace and excellent footy brain.
Think he could just about make it as a tall (6'4") on baller (AFL) rather than a forward, as he is still very slight.
Thought they would be grooming him for next years league season but wouldn't surprise me if he snuck in a league game this year. Ronnie would have played him as a surprise in a final.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:51 pm

wimpy wrote:goddy11 - had a look at it yesterday. Followed most of his career and watched many of his games. Is a rare talent, great hands, supurb mark, good pace and excellent footy brain.
Think he could just about make it as a tall (6'4") on baller (AFL) rather than a forward, as he is still very slight.
Thought they would be grooming him for next years league season but wouldn't surprise me if he snuck in a league game this year. Ronnie would have played him as a surprise in a final.
Yes, will be the equivalent of the great Neil Hawke, champion footballer and cricketer but he may have to choose
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Jack's already made the decision to concentrate on football. His bowling action caused numerous problems with his back last season.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum