Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

+2
Goddsy11
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am Empty Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Ok any news out yet about this trial game
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am Empty Re: Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:26 pm

best way i could put the squad up guys
http://wwtfc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/03/Trial-vs-Adelaide-@-FP.png

Any info on number 30
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am Empty Re: Saturday March 25 Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Football Park) 11.25am

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:35 pm

Missing from Memory
Chris Hall
Rowntree
Haylock
Cam Giles

I know about Gus . any news on where the others are?

Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Andrew McPherson played some 2's and 18's last year, may have played college footy for CBC from memory, Wimpy will know for sure. Was quite handy in the 2's when he was in.

Think in that radio interview a couple of weeks back Goddsy said a few younger guys would get a run this week and next week would be closer to Round 1 team so that may explain some of the absences.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 am

Missing from Saturdays team that I would consider for a first 21 spot.
Rowntree, Petrenko, Giuffreda, Hall, Cameron Giles, Ethan Haylock and Rhys Woods.
The non-selection of Cam Giles in the reserves match a fortnight ago and tomorrow concerns me. At least four of the above would be certain first 21 players.
Andrew McPherson played for SAs U18 last year and was one of SA's best performers.
Highly talented mid-fielder. Currently in the AIS group. Will be a high draft selection in
November. Interstate scouts love him because he is a good decision maker and rarely makes a mistake. Currently doing Uni. part time.

A POSSIBLE LINE UP

F. N. Hayes Wundke Poole

H/F. Johansen J. Hayes McGregor

C. Comitigianni J. Sinor Gaffney

H/B Goldsworthy Thompson P Stewart

B. Allmond Summerton Whittlesea

R. Borholm Rowland Boyd

Inter: West, Lewis, McPherson, Elsworthy, Heinjus, Jolly, Firns, Westbrook.

It wouldn't surprise me to see McPherson, Elsworthy and Heinjus in the starting 21.
Would also like to see P. Stewart play midfield/forward, but I believe the coach want's to play him as a backman sweeper like Luke Jarrad.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 am

Columbo wrote:Andrew McPherson played some 2's and 18's last year, may have played college footy for CBC from memory, Wimpy will know for sure. Was quite handy in the 2's when he was in.

Think in that radio interview a couple of weeks back Goddsy said a few younger guys would get a run this week and next week would be closer to Round 1 team so that may explain some of the absences.

thanks columbo
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:17 am

wimpy wrote:Missing from Saturdays team that I would consider for a first 21 spot.
Rowntree, Petrenko, Giuffreda, Hall, Cameron Giles, Ethan Haylock and Rhys Woods.
The non-selection of Cam Giles in the reserves match a fortnight ago and tomorrow concerns me. At least four of the above would be certain first 21 players.
Andrew McPherson played for SAs U18 last year and was one of SA's best performers.
Highly talented mid-fielder. Currently in the AIS group. Will be a high draft selection in
November. Interstate scouts love him because he is a good decision maker and rarely makes a mistake. Currently doing Uni. part time.

A POSSIBLE LINE UP

F.     N. Hayes                 Wundke                 Poole

H/F.   Johansen               J. Hayes                McGregor

C.     Comitigianni            J. Sinor                  Gaffney

H/B  Goldsworthy            Thompson              P Stewart

B.    Allmond                  Summerton             Whittlesea

R.  Borholm        Rowland        Boyd

Inter: West, Lewis, McPherson, Elsworthy, Heinjus, Jolly, Firns, Westbrook.

It wouldn't surprise me to see McPherson, Elsworthy and Heinjus in the starting 21.
Would also like to see P. Stewart play midfield/forward, but I believe the coach want's to play him as a backman sweeper like Luke Jarrad.    
Thanks Wimpy
Firns is an interesting one as well watched him all last year in the seconds
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 pm

Just looking at the named side, I don't think it is too bad. You cant have top b-grade side for years and not produce good players.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:26 pm

great win im reading today by the eagles
Final score in today's trial at Football Park. Eagles 18.9 117 to Adelaide 5.4 34. Goals - Wundke 5, Nick Hayes 4, Jack Hayes 3.

Damn wish i could have been there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:10 pm

1st Q  Eagles 7goals
         Crows    2
Wundke kicked first 3 goals. Poole was outstanding and the defence (Thompson, Stewart, Allmond and Elsworthy) were combining well. Although out sized, the Eagles were bringing ball to ground and then running it well.

2nd Q  Eagles 11 goals
          Crows  5
Wundke  5 goals to half-time but looked to have jagged his back and didn't play 2nd half. At halftime, we also took off McGregor who was also playing very well and Boyd.
Jordan West played the second half which allowed Jack Hayes to spend more time forward.
Final Scores  Eagles 18 goals
                   Crows 9goals

Goal scorers:  Wundke 5 Nick Hayes 4, Jack Hayes 2, Gaffney 2 (playing wing), Lewis 1, Poole 1 Comitogianni 1 McGregor 1 .

Best:  Poole (by a mile), Wundke (1st half), Allmond
but most played well. Perhaps, Johansen was quiet but no doubt has talent and will improve. Also James Boyd was not his usual self but coming back off his shoulder op.

Of the "new lads" Jack Hayes, Jack Elsworthy were best but Comitogianni  and Jack Firns also had moments.
Gaffney and  Rowland look like they're going to have more presence this year.

Difficult to gauge Eagles because the Crows were woeful. Their big guys in particular, dropped many overhead marks which gifted the Eagles many take-aways.
South will give us a better idea.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:44 pm

A good effort by the Eagles, very hard to judge how well they played because the Crows with quite a few good inclusions were woeful. Although "Premiers" gave his best to Angus Poole I would most probably have given it to Jack Hayes, he was super competitive at CHF and in the ruck. An absolute brilliant mark although not overly spectacular, has a lot more to his game than Ainger. His combination with older brother Nick (4 goals) was superb. Andrew McPherson will be a star, Jake Comitigianni was relentless and Jack Gaffney brilliant. Godden knows his young players and they didn't let him down. The starting eighteen included Comitigianni, McPherson, Sinor, J Hayes, Summerton and Elsworthy none of younsters took a backward step. Our teamwork and ferocity completely out did the Crows. Of the more experienced players Allmond, Poole ( clean hands and disposal were magnificant), Wundke, Goldsworthy and Thompson stood out. Next week will be a different story, but what I saw today I liked.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am

I was surprised Jordan West didn't start the game till after half time. Thought the Eagles may have given this young ruckman a full game to speed up his learning experience. Thought he did enough yesterday to warrant selection for the first game. Didn't get a lot of possessions but gave off 3 excellent handballs in traffic, took a good overhead mark in defence, ("älmost" took 2 others) ran down an opponent in a good tackle and was strong at the ball-ups - probably did as much as Bomber. Still learning where to run - wasn't a good look when his opponent marked unopposed twice on the goal-line denying Jack Hayes 2 goals with Jordan standing nearby, but he'll learn.
Another plus for having Jordan West in the side is that it allows Jack Hayes to play as a forward rather than the ridiculous situation of having Jack at 192cm rucking against 200cm ruckman.
Should say that its refreshing to see the way Jack Hayes smashes into the packs in marking contests. Would have been handy at CHF in last year's GF.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 am

At this stage I think you will find the coach will only go with one ruckman. He believes that with the SANFL rule of last touch out of bounds free will significantly reduce ruck contests hence the need for only one ruckman. If Jack Hayes does some rucking I would like to see Paul Stewart fill in at CHF. The intention from the coach is to go smaller up forward and be more mobile.
The starting 21 on Sat. was more likely what he would have played if it was a real SANFL match.
Wundke slightly injured his back when he fell in a marking contest, was willing to go on in second half but was told to rest. After next weeks trial match we will get a better indication of how the team will line up against Centrals.
I believe Cameron Giles has a slight injury but should be ready for the start of the season.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:57 am

Looking forward to the time when Cameron Giles can string together an 8 week block (for example) where he can be injury-free. Is a talent. Could be very important to the Eagles but equally, his history of injury, makes it difficult to rely upon. Hopefully, this time.........
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Thanks for the reports guys
Im hearing Wundke is fine no issues
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:28 pm

A good chance Petrenko and Giuffreda will line up against South this coming weekend.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Anyone have information on for how much longer Giles and Rowntree are on the injury list?

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Rowntree Rd 2, and Giles I think may have a run this week.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 am

Mara32 wrote:Rowntree Rd 2, and Giles I think may have a run this week.

thanks like reading that
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down