Who will replace Rowntree and Poole

+2
Premiers
Mickyj
6 posters

Go down

Who will replace Rowntree and Poole Empty Who will replace Rowntree and Poole

Post by wimpy Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:20 pm

My suggestions for the Rowntree replacement would be Rowlands and the replacement for Poole would be Joe Sinor. Have discarded Appleton as a replacement as I don't think he performs in pressure games.
Do we need that second ruckman???
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Who will replace Rowntree and Poole Empty Re: Who will replace Rowntree and Poole

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Good thoughts wimpy .
I was saying for the last two weeks we needed a second ruck I was wrong .
After Saturday's seconds game do we bring in Press for Poole.
His leg speed was on display Saturday .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who will replace Rowntree and Poole Empty Re: Who will replace Rowntree and Poole

Post by Premiers Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:01 pm

My choices for the 2 positions are:

1. Appleton. In front of Sinor and Rowland. Appleton's kicking at times let's him down but reads the ball of the ruckman's hands better than Sinor and does find the ball. Both Sinor and Appleton have had their chances late in the season and neither impressed.

2. Thurlow. Yes, he has been disappointing but offers that big body to be of nuissance value. Having him on the bench does take away one of the 3 "runners" rotating from the bench but rucking Ainger as the relief ruckman takes Ainger away from being the dangerous forward that he is.
What happens if Bornholm goes down with a leg injury in the first half like Rowntree and Poole? (we would be stuffed). Too big a gamble to go into a GF with one ruckman.

Having lost these 2 excellent players Rowntree and Poole, hope the team can re-focus. Recall that we lost a very important player (Gavin Colville) before 2006 GF Premiership and that galvanised the team into a strong resolute effort. If we're a good team, we'll do it again.
Having said that, I hope Centrals and Westies belt the "X!@#!" out of each other.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Rowntree is a huge loss...can maybe cover him for GF but for next year?????

In Thurlow Appleton Press Whittlsea Out Rowntree Poole Batley
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:50 am

Lets hope Redden and Paul Stewart get delisted.
Paul Stewart didn't play for the power reserves on Sunday......don't know why!!
Also at the Reserves match on Saturday at Richmond lots of power reserves players attended to watch their academy team play the Eagles Reserves they were all dressed in power/magpie uniforms except Paul Stewart who was dressed in civvies.....can anything be read into this........has he already been told he will be delisted.
Would Stokesy come back to the Eagles??? Would Scott McMahon who is likely to get delisted from NM come back to the Eagles?? Matthew McDonough would be very nervous about his chances of remaining on Richmond's list. Off season could be very interesting for the Eagles.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:56 am

Mickyj, don't know if Press would be a good enough replacement. Did two electrifying runs on Saturday that resulted in goals but only had, I think, seven touches, just doesn't do enough. Hierarchy very impressed with Whittlesea and would like to slot him in, but it would have to be at the expense of a runner.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:43 pm

Further to my previous post today, Matt McDonough has just been delisted by Richmond. If not picked up by another AFL club (highly unlikely) would be a great get by Eagles to replace Angus Rowntree for 2016.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 pm

wimpy wrote:Lets hope Redden and Paul Stewart get delisted.
Paul Stewart didn't play for the power reserves on Sunday......don't know why!!
Also at the Reserves match on Saturday at Richmond lots of power reserves players attended to watch their academy team play the Eagles Reserves they were all dressed in power/magpie uniforms except Paul Stewart who was dressed in civvies.....can anything be read into this........has he already been told he will be delisted.
Would Stokesy come back to the Eagles??? Would Scott McMahon who is likely to get delisted from NM come back to the Eagles?? Matthew McDonough would be very nervous about his chances of remaining on Richmond's list. Off season could be very interesting for the Eagles.

Do we read into it that Stewie is an Eagles boy at heart?
Scotty Mc been in Melbourne a while now, guess it depends how much Yorkes is calling.

Speaking of Eagles boys at heart, Good to see Paz at the game on Sunday in his 2011 premiership jumper!
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:01 am

A lot could depend on whether Scotty's wife is from Vic. or S.A.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara32 Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:39 am

I wonder if Luke Powell could come out of retirement for one more game...

Obviously I'm joking, but his in and under and experience would be the perfect replacement for Gus.

His off field leadership on Grand Final day will be invaluable to our midfielders and leaders.
Mara32
Mara32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down