I normally put all these together but

5 posters

Go down

I normally put all these together but  Empty I normally put all these together but

Post by Mickyj Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:36 pm

UPDATE RE: AFL RESERVES TEAM

Dear Members, Partners and Affiliates of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club,

As you would be aware, the SANFL and the League Clubs are currently in discussions around the possible inclusion of AFL ‘reserves’ teams from the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs within the SANFL.

The potential transfer of the AFL Licences in the near future has been the catalyst for all parties to take this important opportunity to review our competition.   Although the necessary negotiations are taking place on a confidential basis, there is some information I believe is important for you to know. 

The League Directors, including Kurt Slaven, have been working with the SANFL to arrive at four guiding principles which form the basis for all negotiations around this issue.

These guiding principles have been agreed to by all clubs and the SANFL as non-negotiable elements and can be summarised as:

1.       Integrity: Any change in competition structure must maintain or enhance the integrity of the SANFL competition;

2.       Relevance: Any change in competition structure must maintain or enhance the relevance of the SANFL competition as the best State League in Australia;

3.       SANFL & SANFL Club Viability: Any change to the competition structure must improve the long term strength and sustainability of the SANFL and SANFL Clubs; and

4.       Game Development: Any change to the competition structure must enhance the development of the game at all levels across South Australia.

As you can see from the above, the SANFL and the SANFL clubs are adamant that the SANFL competition must be protected, it must remain relevant, it must be viable and that game development through the SANFL competition must continue to be a priority.

This is a complex issue and there are many pros and cons that come with bringing additional teams into our competition, and each of these is being carefully analysed and discussed.

Once negotiations have reached their conclusion, the SA Football Commission will make a recommendation for the SANFL League Directors to consider. Nothing can happen without the authority of the League Directors.

I would like to highlight to you that the Woodville West Torrens Football Club in consultation with the SANFL and the other clubs will make the decision that is in the best interests of our Club, our league our members and the South Australian football community. 

Uby Faddoul

Chief Executive Officer

Woodville West Torrens Football Club
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

I normally put all these together but  Empty Re: I normally put all these together but

Post by BirdOfPrey Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Looks a lot like the West letter??

Still think the clubs will roll over (Again,re one Port) and we will have them in our comp.
The SANFL will never be the same...sadly. Guess I'll be taking my footy and following the Ammos.
BirdOfPrey
BirdOfPrey

Back to top Go down

I normally put all these together but  Empty Re: I normally put all these together but

Post by Reddeer Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Of course they will roll over.Weak as water whenit comes to standing up against the AFL
ALeague and the World Cup is looking good
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm hearing we have pretty much agreed to it! Staggering!
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Which model have we agreed to a port with or with out a zone
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobber Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:21 pm

Not sure,butthatboth crows and port in SANFL. Who is running our club at moment? Extraordinary decision. There's some home games u won't see me at
Dobber
Dobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm

Well you glass half empty guys should look outside the square .
Magpies area should be divided up with the eagles getting the port homeland area !!! Seeing Thebarton was ripped away from us !!
Lets also ask for a bigger salary cap and go shopping how many of those better NEAFL players could we get to play in the Eagles side !!
Stop looking on the bad side guys and see how we can turn this slap in the face to our clubs advantage !!!
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Do you think they'll just give us Port's zone Micky? If they have 8 teams they will re-do all the zones so it is fair for all. Yes, we would be likely to pick up a fair portion of Port's zone, as would Central, but then we'd lose other parts (Henley Beach?).

Having any teams playing league that are not committed 100% to winning games of football and ultimately a premiership is an insult to the competition and if the Eagles vote for this proposal, without a very, very good, thorough factual explanation, then that will be it for many, including me.

If the clubs let Reserves teams in the league competition it will end in disaster.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Aerie wrote:Do you think they'll just give us Port's zone Micky? If they have 8 teams they will re-do all the zones so it is fair for all. Yes, we would be likely to pick up a fair portion of Port's zone, as would Central, but then we'd lose other parts (Henley Beach?).

Having any teams playing league that are not committed 100% to winning games of football and ultimately a premiership is an insult to the competition and if the Eagles vote for this proposal, without a very, very good, thorough factual explanation, then that will be it for many, including me.

If the clubs let Reserves teams in the league competition it will end in disaster.

We almost lost Henley Beach this year but we saved that by giving up Thebarton !
I'm am no way in favour but I think its to late personally I think the sanfl and the afl have already done a deal !!
If you think they will let the power keep the magpies zone that wont happen Port want someone else to take the blame for that !!

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

UPDATE FROM THE CEO

RE: AFL Reserves in the SANFL

Dear members, partners and affiliates of the Woodville West Torrens Football Club, this is to update you in relation to the AFL Reserves issue within the SANFL.

Last week we met with both the Adelaide and Port Adelaide Football Clubs and they presented their vision to us. It would be fair to say that we have only just started to gain and gather information which, down the track, will assist us in making an informed decision for both the SANFL competition and more importantly what’s best and sustainable for our Football Club. Although we understand that our members trust the club with this decision, we are taking another collaborative step in engaging you by way of a poll. We have heard from dozens of our members in writing and we thank you for your passion and commitment to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club.

The aim of this poll will be to quickly and effectively gather a “for”, “against”, or “more information required before I decide” vote on this topic. We want you however to do this not purely based on emotion, but also taking into consideration some of the below potential pros and cons. Please note that all these are merely speculative and forecasted as opposed to official.

As I have previously communicated with you, the guiding principles that have been agreed to by all clubs and the SANFL as non-negotiable elements are:

1. Integrity: Any change in competition structure must maintain or enhance the integrity of the SANFL competition;

2. Relevance: Any change in competition structure must maintain or enhance the relevance of the SANFL competition as the best State League in Australia;

3. SANFL & SANFL Club Viability: Any change to the competition structure must improve the long term strength and sustainability of the SANFL and SANFL Clubs; and

4. Game Development: Any change to the competition structure must enhance the development of the game at all levels across South Australia.

Potential Pros (opportunities) of having AFL teams in the SANFL competition could include but not be limited to; a lift in sponsorship – media – branding, extra home game revenue, game development and community engagement, uplift in finances, maintaining relevance, club structure and providing a future for the SANFL competition.

Potential Cons (threats) of having AFL teams in the SANFL competition could include but not be limited to; membership cannibalization (divide of loyalty), exposure of our competition to “development style teams”, AFL teams not playing to win, or AFL teams too strong for the SANFL competition.

Finally a reversed view in the case that the AFL clubs were to choose a different league to play in other than the SANFL; Cons may include but not be limited to; losing the appeal of AFL players within our league regardless, not having control or influence over the process or outcomes/scheduling, loss of media exposure/interest in the SANFL, membership cannibalization (divide of loyalty), match day and revenue streams may also suffer as a result.

As previously mentioned, this is merely a document to consider scenarios which may become relevant as the time draws near to making a decision (post receiving more information and greater detail).

If you would like to contribute to this simple poll, click here. If you wish to make further commentary, people are welcome to continue sending letters to myself or the chairman as has been the case to date.

The poll will close on Tuesday 16th July @ 5pm. Please ensure you answer all the questions in the poll so that we are able to collect the factual data from our financial members.

Kind Regards

Uby Faddoul

Chief Executive Officer

Woodville West Torrens Football Club
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum