Eagles search for new coaches

Go down

Eagles search for new coaches Empty Eagles search for new coaches

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/eagles-search-for-coaches/story-e6freckc-1226190387543

SANFL
Eagles search for coaches

REIGNING premier Woodville-West Torrens is searching for a reserves coach and league assistant following the resignations of Bob Cross and Steven Hall.

The club issued a statement today saying the pair had stepped aside due to family and work commitments.

Cross said it was an ''extremely hard decision''.

''I'm very grateful for the opportunities the club has given me and it was great to be a part of what we achieved this year,'' he said.

Hall took over as defensive coach this season and said he was now ready for a break.

''I have been involved in footy for a long time now as a player and coach and with a young family it was the right time to have a break and spend some more time with them,'' he said.

Coach Michael Godden said both had made significant contributions to the club.

The Eagles hope to have the positions filled by the end of the year.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The WWTFC can confirm that Reserves Coach Bob Cross and League Assistant Coach Steven Hall will not continue with the Club in 2012 due to family and work commitments. Both have made significant contributions in their time with the Eagles and will be missed in 2012.

Bob Cross leaves after assisting the League team in 2010 before taking on the Reserves coaching role in 2011.

On his departure, Bob said “It was an extremely hard decision for me because it’s such an enjoyable environment to Coach. I’m very grateful for the opportunities the Club has given me and it was great to be a part of what we achieved this year”.

Coach Michael Godden said “Bob did a great job in what can be a very difficult role at times. He put a lot of time and effort into the role and the club is very grateful for that”.

Steven Hall leaves the club after taking on the role as Defensive Coach in 2011.

Godden said “Hally was fantastic this year for us. His experience having played down back was invaluable and the fact we ended the season as the best defensive team in the competition was a great achievement and went a long way in us winning the Premiership”.

Steven Hall said “I really enjoyed coaching at the Eagles this year. I have been involved in footy for a long time now as a player and coach and with a young family it was the right time to have a break and spend some more time with them”.

The Club will look to fill these two positions in the coming months.

Please join the WWTFC in thanking Bob and Steven
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eagles search for new coaches Empty Re: Eagles search for new coaches

Post by Mickyj Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 pm

From the point of view of a fan only .What I saw going on after Trent retired as a player .Is this the opportunity for the club to have him move into the seconds coaching job .I have no idea if it is or isn't but just a personal view
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down