Treeby retiring

Go down

Treeby retiring Empty Treeby retiring

Post by Mickyj Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Treeby to quit at season's end

* August 08, 2011 9:29AM

EAGLES midfielder Leigh Treeby will quit the club to return to Victoria at the end of the season.

Woodville-West Torrens made the announcement in a media release this morning.

The 142-gamer became a premiership player in 2006 and won the club's best-and-fairest award in 2007.

Eagles coach Michael Godden said the club was disappointed to lose Treeby but grateful for his contribution since arriving at Oval Avenue in 2003.

''Clearly he has made us aware of his decision with the best interests of the club at heart and that is the exact same way he has played his football over his career,'' Godden said.

''There is no doubt that Leigh will have a significant role to play throughout the rest of the minor round and in our finals campaign.''

Treeby said it was the right time for he and wife Kristie, and their son Kobe, to return to Victoria.

''I have really enjoyed my time at the club and would like to thank all involved for making me feel a part of it from the minute I walked through the doors,'' Treeby said.

''I have been fortunate to play with some fantastic players and in some really competitive teams with the 2006 premiership a significant highlight of my time at the club. I will continue to do whatever I can to help this team and club reach our goals for the rest of the 2011 season.''
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/treeby-to-quit-as-seasons-end/story-e6freckc-1226110773398
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum