+3
carrots12
I Love Godsy
eaglehaslanded
7 posters

Go down

Nathan Daniel Empty Nathan Daniel

Post by eaglehaslanded Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

The Woodville West Torrens Football Club can confirm that Nathan Daniel has requested to speak with other SANFL Clubs in his search for greater opportunities in 2011.

eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Nathan Daniel Empty Re: Nathan Daniel

Post by I Love Godsy Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 pm

I can't believe our club can let this happen!! Might not be a superstar now, but very solid player for a 20y/o and with a number of our mid-fielders expected to retire very soon, this is very short-sighted. I hear he was one of few that Gods has not even bothered to meet with post-season, nor offered a contract, yet when he advised he was leaving, Gods gave him a spray!!!!!

Pretty ordinary, I hope we treat the influx of recruits better than we treat our home-grown locals kids!!
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I Love Godsy wrote:I can't believe our club can let this happen!! Might not be a superstar now, but very solid player for a 20y/o and with a number of our mid-fielders expected to retire very soon, this is very short-sighted. I hear he was one of few that Gods has not even bothered to meet with post-season, nor offered a contract, yet when he advised he was leaving, Gods gave him a spray!!!!!

Pretty ordinary, I hope we treat the influx of recruits better than we treat our home-grown locals kids!!

You hear.......? Wrong.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by I Love Godsy Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:47 am

carrots12 wrote:
I Love Godsy wrote:I can't believe our club can let this happen!! Might not be a superstar now, but very solid player for a 20y/o and with a number of our mid-fielders expected to retire very soon, this is very short-sighted. I hear he was one of few that Gods has not even bothered to meet with post-season, nor offered a contract, yet when he advised he was leaving, Gods gave him a spray!!!!!

You hear.......? Wrong.

I heard it from the the man himself Shocked
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:58 am

I Love Godsy wrote:
carrots12 wrote:

You hear.......? Wrong.

Personal thoughts only and I posted this on SA Footy(hopefully this wont upset to many) .He is a very good seconds player at this stage.But lacks PACE and what to do with the ball when he has got it.
I love Godsy I understand your passion .BUT at some stage players need to be moved on for the club to take the next step up the ladder .Even Ron used to do this one year didn't he get rid of 16 seconds players.
I didn't think he would be moved on but nothing surprises me in modern day football.How else do u explain the Eagles picking up Lewis .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:59 am

Mickyj wrote:
I Love Godsy wrote:
carrots12 wrote:

You hear.......? Wrong.

Personal thoughts only and I posted this on SA Footy(hopefully this wont upset to many) .He is a very good seconds player at this stage.But lacks PACE and what to do with the ball when he has got it.
I love Godsy I understand your passion .BUT at some stage players need to be moved on for the club to take the next step up the ladder .Even Ron used to do this one year didn't he get rid of 16 seconds players.
I didn't think he would be moved on but nothing surprises me in modern day football.How else do u explain the Eagles picking up Lewis .
Of course this opens the door for some more youngsters to step up from the under 18's
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:20 am

Lack of pace, lack of penetrating kick, poor decision making - not going to improve these.
Thanks Nathan for your contribution and best wishes at your next Club
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:31 am

I Love Godsy wrote:
carrots12 wrote:

You hear.......? Wrong.

So did I Shocked

At best Daniel is a good 2nds player. I agree with MickyJ.
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by zest Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:48 am

We have a lot of players that can play the defensive midfield role better than him.

Rowntree and Allmond plus if need be goldsworthy when in form or J stewert, if he stays and can put in a full preseason
zest
zest
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I Love Godsy Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 am

I hear we are likely to loose another one to our ex-coach. Will know for sure next week
I Love Godsy
I Love Godsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:49 pm

I tend to agree with carrots12 on this one. With an ageing engine room, it seems wise to have experienced hard-nuts in reserve players on hand.

Sure, players such as Raynor etc will eventually fill the void but meanwhile???

Secondly, you may remember the Great Gavin Colville's first couple of seasons as an Eagle were very ordinary. Maybe Nathan will still develop, he is afterall, only 20.
Flash
Flash

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 pm

".....seems wise to have experienced hard-nuts in reserve".
That's exactly the point- Nathan doesn't want to be considered "in reserve" whereas the Eagles are believing (as far as midfielders ), he's behind Cicollela, Lewis, Hall, Rowntree, Powell, McKenzie,Treeby, Allmond in pecking order.
Sure, I agree with you ("in 9th position pecking order") - but the Eagles can't give him the guarantee of a regular spot and he's not prepared to wait. Travis Lane, Goldsworthy and Banner also expected to progress this year. Do we risk losing youngsters like Growden and Sutcliffe because of the log-jam?
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:16 am

Add Brodie Smith to the list above
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content