Eagles U18s n2024 Finalsbound ?

+2
Mickyj
Premiers
6 posters

Go down

Eagles U18s n2024 Finalsbound ? Empty Eagles U18s n2024 Finalsbound ?

Post by Premiers Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:57 pm

This could be the shortest lasting post of interest if 6th placed Eagles lose this week against lowly West Adelaide and 5th placed North upset top Glenelg.
Charlie West has returned CHF which lifts our team. Eagle supporters, disappointed with our League, might get a lift by getting down to Hisence Stadium.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Eagles U18s n2024 Finalsbound ? Empty Re: Eagles U18s n2024 Finalsbound ?

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:14 pm

Good post thanks
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 10, 2024 3:32 pm

1st part accomplished with Glenelg U18s beating North by 3 points.
But 2nd part - more work needed with Eagles 5 points down at HT against West U18s.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:02 pm

Good third Q for Eagles . Kicked 8 goals to West's 1 goal so should be safe now.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:16 pm

Watching the U18s at Woodville Oval vs South.
Entertaining match
HT Eagles 7goals 4 vs South 1goal 3
Haven't watched an U18s for past 6 weeks and good to see how the team has improved and (providing they win today) could do some damage in the Finals. There are more good players than only those you see in the Best Player list - players like defender 187cm Kilpatrick, HF 182cm Wilmott, 184cm Sauer etc. Tom Luck is winning the centre bounces easily. Of course the regular BP are up there ( Schwarz and West).
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:49 pm

3Q time We were outscored that Q
EAGS 10 5
SOUTH 5. 4
Charlie West 195cm 91k was playing as a rover to Tom Luck at the centrebounces on 3 occasions for good result.
Jake Hall 189cm forward showed some classy sidestepping, overhead skills and clean takes. A lot of good work done by our smalls but eyesight makes it hard to pick them out at either end of ground
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Final Q Charlie West show as a mobile ruckman- midfielder and 5 goals. Hartley-Brown 185cm prominent Gray , lively 4 goals but great team effort. And considering that Delmenico and Hastings didn't play.
Go Eagles !!!!!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:57 am

And Herbert didn't play. So add Delmenico, Hastings and Herbert to this team and it strengthens. However, with Weckert being injured in the League team, will they replace him with Charlie West which will hurt the U18s or will the League selectors go with Wheare for that 3rd marking target or Will Pearce.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:40 am

Premiers wrote:3Q time We were outscored that Q
EAGS 10  5
SOUTH 5.  4
Charlie West 195cm 91k was playing as a rover to Tom Luck at the centrebounces on 3 occasions for good result.
Jake Hall 189cm forward showed some classy sidestepping, overhead skills and clean takes. A lot of good work done by our smalls but eyesight makes it hard to pick them out at either end of ground

Who is this "Tom Luck" who played.
I thought Tom Luck pulled out of the team because of illness.

Also Jevan Phillipou and Rome Burgoyne missing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:38 am

Yes. I concede that it wasn't Tom Luck - could have been Oscar Pearce rucking with Charlie West in at the centrebounce playing the midfielder's role.
Hope we can keep a lot of these maturing U18 players around the Club and not have a huge " logjam" in the Seconds - very astute assessment required.
However, these youngsters are 2 years away from League possibilities and we do need recruiting of at least 5 v good players and another 2-3 "verge developing" players to carry us through the next 2 seasons. Now that Luke Thompson is retiring, 2 tall strong defenders for starters, 2 midfielders ( Hardie now unlikely), and Jack Hayes. And a good ruckman. Oops! that makes 6. Come on Reddo, stay with us!
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:49 pm

Premiers wrote:Yes. I concede that it wasn't Tom Luck - could have been Oscar Pearce rucking with Charlie West in at the centrebounce playing the midfielder's role.
Hope we can keep a lot of these maturing U18 players around the Club and not have a huge " logjam" in the Seconds - very astute assessment required.
However, these youngsters are 2 years away from League possibilities and we do need recruiting of at least 5 v good players and another 2-3 "verge developing" players to carry us through the next 2 seasons. Now that Luke Thompson is retiring, 2 tall strong defenders for starters, 2 midfielders ( Hardie now unlikely), and Jack Hayes. And a good ruckman. Oops! that makes 6.  Come on Reddo, stay with us!

Well the club needs to be brave and do a big clean-out. Too many of the Reserves players have been playing at that level for the last 3-4 years and clearly won't ever become League players. There should be no logjam as the entire U18s squad (aside from the bottom agers) should be transpanted to the Reserves squad next season.

Every time West plays U18 it seems like he is amongst our best - he'd have to be the most likely on our list to get drafted so unfortunately can't see him hanging around.

If the Eagles League team does make the finals it's pretty clear we aren't going to push deep so I'd like Jacobs to spring a surprise and elevate West to the team - much like Lukosius a few years back in that final against Sturt. Ok West did play 2 games a few weeks ago but that was wet weather footy so difficult to judge him on that.

Back on our U18s, for a range of reasons our best team has rarely come together to play matches. As a result of this there form has been up and down depending on who is available. I would assume by the time of finals they would have ended all U18 State duties and would choose to play finals over any school match commitments. If we can get our best team on the park I can well see them winning the GF.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:44 pm

Titan2 wrote:
Premiers wrote:Yes. I concede that it wasn't Tom Luck - could have been Oscar Pearce rucking with Charlie West in at the centrebounce playing the midfielder's role.
However, these youngsters are 2 years away from League possibilities and we do need recruiting of at least 5 v good players and another 2-3 "verge developing" players to carry us through the next 2 seasons. Now that Luke Thompson is retiring, 2 tall strong defenders for starters, 2 midfielders ( Hardie now unlikely), and Jack Hayes. And a good ruckman. Oops! that makes 6.  Come on Reddo, stay with us!

Well the club needs to be brave and do a big clean-out. Too many of the Reserves players have been playing at that level for the last 3-4 years and clearly won't ever become League players. There should be no logjam as the entire U18s squad (aside from the bottom agers) should be transpanted to the Reserves squad next season.

Every time West plays U18 it seems like he is amongst our best - he'd have to be the most likely on our list to get drafted so unfortunately can't see him hanging around.

If the Eagles League team does make the finals it's pretty clear we aren't going to push deep so I'd like Jacobs to spring a surprise and elevate West to the team - much like Lukosius a few years back in that final against Sturt. Ok West did play 2 games a few weeks ago but that was wet weather footy so difficult to judge him on that.

Back on our U18s, for a range of reasons our best team has rarely come together to play matches. As a result of this there form has been up and down depending on who is available. I would assume by the time of finals they would have ended all U18 State duties and would choose to play finals over any school match commitments. If we can get our best team on the park I can well see them winning the GF.

State duties finished weeks ago.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:13 pm

Just a little further to our U18 and reserves finals quests, if Adelaide reserves team doesn't make the finals there might be a possibility of Welsh playing for either team. A condition of him going to the Crows was that if he didn't play for the Crows he could play either reserves or U18s for the Eagles. Let's wait and see what happens.......... I would bet the Adelaide football club would put pressure on him not to play.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:17 pm

Why would Welsh himself want to play? Risking injury and his future would be crazy; otherwise he might be tempted to partner with
his close mate Charlie West and attempt an U18 Premiership. However, beyond his friendship with Charlie, I am not aware of his allegiance to the WWTFC after 9 months removed and moved on.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:45 am

Premiers wrote:Why would Welsh himself want to play? Risking injury and his future would be crazy; otherwise he might be tempted to partner with
his close mate Charlie West and attempt an U18 Premiership. However, beyond his friendship with Charlie, I am not aware of  his allegiance to the WWTFC after 9 months removed and moved on.

I think he owes the Club something.
Surely a little friendship/ mateship could prevail.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:51 am

Goddsy11 wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

State duties finished weeks ago.

State duties did finish sometime ago but school football only finished last Wednesday night, but I think some of the private schools had other matches organised, possibly playing interstate schools this weekend so hence we had a couple missing. No respect for the SANFL or the kids future or career as a possible AFL player.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:59 am

Titan2 wrote:

Like your post "Titan2". I've always been a fan of churning over the reserves players with in a short period, I don't care about reserves premierships, all I worry about is getting good players through the system to sustain our league team. I like lots of U18s promoted together to the reserves at one time as they know each others game well, and would have developed special relationships and plays with each other.
Very worried about our depth at U16 level.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Headfan Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:07 pm

Not the right topic, but for all you Lindsay Head fans, he will be back at Thebby on Ch 10 News tomorrow (Tues) 20 August.
I am biased but he was the best footballer among a lot of great players.
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:24 pm

wimpy wrote:
Titan2 wrote:

Like your post "Titan2". I've always been a fan of churning over the reserves players with in a short period, I don't care about reserves premierships, all I worry about is getting good players through the system to sustain our league team. I like lots of U18s promoted together to the reserves at one time as they know each others game well, and would have developed special relationships and plays with each other.
Very worried about our depth at U16 level.

Yes our U16s got pumped on the weekend. Not a great scoreline. But I wouldn't be too concerned. In every team at that level there will be 1 player who gets drafted and 1-2 who will be league standard in a couple of years. The sad reality for the majority of those kids who come through - even in a team that dominates - is that the majority will not be up to League standard and will be playing Amateurs or country footy at age 20. This goes for all clubs.

As long as we have a couple of prospects in that team the scoreline is irrelevant.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:58 pm

For those old enough to remember, many years ago in the old West Torrens days, our U17s were near bottom and yet Neville Roberts and Harry Puhle emerged from that team to make that season worthwhile.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:54 pm

Excellent comeback by Eagles. Eagles started to pick up towards end of 3Q to be 4points up but with Sturt to come home with a 4-5 goal win. We began to get some centre clearances and with grit and poise, nudged a 3 point win. Jake Cook very good. 7 players returned this week and took a while to gel - should be better next week and possibly Tom Luck, who was left out due to lack of match fitness, will be selected.

Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down