David Brinker-Ritchie

2 posters

Go down

David Brinker-Ritchie Empty David Brinker-Ritchie

Post by Headfan Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:08 pm

To fill some time before the naming of the new coach, I’m interested in you guys’ opinion of this “boy-man”.  
To me he is talented and a real trier.  His rucking is full of serious effort and he appeared to be learning his trade almost weekly toward the end of the season.
I thought his game against the heavy-bodied Harvey (NA) was terrific. Reckon he broke even or maybe beat him on the day, ruck-wise.  Also played a more than useful game against Fahey-Sparkes (Sturt).
I admire his second and third efforts and his energy in chasing (and tackling) over four quarters.
We all know he is reluctant to kick, mainly handball disposals.  He has an awkward kicking style especially when having to go long.  His short foot-passing is good.  
His kicking style reminds me of Seb Guilhaus and one other I can’t put a name to. Was it Mick Hamill?
I think he could be our next Paul Lindsay.  
We need to couple him with an established ruckman (recruit).  Someone like a Craig Parry.  Connor Ballenden is a fill-in ruckman who is more value as as a key forward.  Jordan Lukac tries hard but won’t be a key player in our next Premiership.
BTW I’m NOT David’s dad or even related to him!   But I must declare my paternal grand mother’s father was married to a Ritchie and my father’s middle name was Ritchie.
Knock yourselves out!
Headfan
Headfan

Back to top Go down

David Brinker-Ritchie Empty Re: David Brinker-Ritchie

Post by Titan2 Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:01 pm

He did well all things considered.

It's easy to forget he's still only a kid yet we gave him the #1 ruck role.

In every match he got us first use of the ball at the centre square but struggled a little at the throw-ins where more bodywork is required.

I felt he lacked a bit of confidence at the start of the season to get involved in the play. No one was expecting him clunk big pack marks but just be in the pack competing. He got better and better as the season progressed and his stats improved (but still a way to go yet).

He doesn't like kicking but I'm not sure why. He's got an awkward style but he kicks them long and straight.

The one thing he probably wasn't able to improve that much over the course of the season was his marking. I'm hoping this will come along as he gets more experience.

I reckon if he hangs around and shows the right attitude then in a few years time he could be one of the best rucks in the SANFL.

You can tell from his fame that he is going to be a physical specimen when he starts putting on a bit more muscle and fills out.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down