Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton

+3
Columbo
Titan2
Mickyj
7 posters

Go down

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Empty Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton

Post by Mickyj Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Ok game is at 11 am free entry hopefully I’ll be there
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Empty Re: Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton

Post by Titan2 Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:14 pm

I don't care how many years have past - Thebarton will always be the home of the Eagle !
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Empty Re: Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Unlike our matchups against Central during the year, we haven't done so well against Sturt this season.

Round 5 - Sturt 16.8.104 - Eagles 10.5.65 (Woodville)

Round 14 - Sturt 16.10.106 - Eagles 3.4.22 (Thebarton)

Round 15 - Sturt 12.12.84 - Eagles 7.7.49 (Unley)

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:17 pm

Mickyj: can you get the moderator of SAFooty to sort out the login for that site?
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:23 pm

whybother wrote:Mickyj: can you get the moderator of SAFooty to sort out the login for that site?

Not sure what the issues are but you can PM someone on i think. I note your listed as Admin

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Screen30
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:55 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:
whybother wrote:Mickyj: can you get the moderator of SAFooty to sort out the login for that site?

Not sure what the issues are but you can PM someone on i think. I note your listed as Admin

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Screen30
I’m not their favourite member sorry
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:56 pm

Mickyj wrote:Ok game is at 11 am free entry hopefully I’ll be there
Looks like at this stage I’ll miss it sick as a dog either a virus or flu
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:25 pm

Troy Menzel Named.

Reserves prelim final Eagles v Sturt Thebarton  Screen31
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:37 pm

Goddsy11 wrote:Troy Menzel Named.

Thanks Goddsy
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:17 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Goddsy11 wrote:Troy Menzel Named.

Thanks Goddsy

Strong team. I definitely feel we have a very good chance of beating Sturt this week.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:54 pm

Well, that's it. Season 2023 definitely over
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:37 pm

whybother wrote:Well, that's it. Season 2023 definitely over
And hopefully new coach or coaches announced soon
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:15 pm

Watched the match, a good effort until half time but we were getting our goals through scrounging, desperate play. By contrast Sturt were much cleaner and were waltzing into goal with little pressure during this period. It was going to be tough for us to maintain that pressure when Sturt were clearly more skilled and better drilled and that's exactly what happened in the second half - they blew us apart.

Our team has lots of 'honest types' but no one who amongst that group who will make a difference to our league side next season. Our next league standard Full back, CHB and third tall defender was not playing today.  At least 1/2 if not 2/3 of the reserves team is in the 'dead wood' category and needs to be shifted on particularly as we have a bunch of exciting U18s coming through and we need to make sure we keep the majority on our list.

Sturt's ruck gave them first use of the ball all game. He was good for them. Wonder if we could entice him to come to the Eagles? He looked far too good for reserves level.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:21 pm

In the end we were beaten by a better team yesterday, like Centrals they won 6 more games than us during the year, but certainly had our measure in all 4 games.
For the first 35 minutes of the game the boys hung in and took it up to them, although as Titan said it looked alot harder for us to score than it did for them.
Second half they managed to get alot of uncontested footy and did what good sides do and put us away.
After winning 1 of the first 6 games, to win 6 of the last 12 in the minor round and then win 2 out of 3 finals is a good achievement considering the number of ins and outs that can and have happened each week.

Alot of under 18's have been given an opportunity during the year and no doubt that will continue next year. I guess now its time to start pulling up weeds.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:04 am

In all grades this year Sturt seemed to have our measure. I hate to say this but Sturt look like a very well organised club, their style of play following through all four grades.
I think it's time to do a little bit of a clean out and try and settle a team for the future. Both Glenelg and Sturt have managed to retain a solid core of players to build around. We need to stabilise. This will not happen when some of our senior players can not be relied on because of poor continuity through injuries.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregod Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:17 am

WWTFC was like Sturt and Glenelg a few years ago until the Afl stole some of our good players. How long before the Afl will destroy Sturt and Glenelg and they will be back where we are. Until something is done this will always happen
Gregod
Gregod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down