Can't Keep Them All

5 posters

Go down

Can't Keep Them All Empty Can't Keep Them All

Post by Gazz Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:27 pm

Play turnover is much more common it would seem these days in the SANFL for any number of reasons. But why did we let Seymour go?
A club may have a particular style of game but surely a quality footballer can be schooled in the game plan
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can't Keep Them All Empty Re: Can't Keep Them All

Post by Reddeer Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:04 pm

I reckon he would have been cheesed off by being dropped fo the 2020 league grand final and then overlooked for 2021. so went to greener pastures to become a premiership member
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:39 pm

I'm sure the eagles would have loved to keep him. But last year he was competing against Cameron and Lehmann for the 'third tall' defender (Thompson and Giuffreda having the lock on the other two spots). He was was tried on the HBF and was a bit too slow for that which in any case would have been give to players like Beecken, Toumpas, McFarlane etc.

In my personal opinion I'd actually rather have him than Lehmann but I guess he felt if he stayed on the list this year then he'd still be struggling to get into the league side with the coach favouring Lehmann over him, Thompson and Cameron still at the club and the recruitment of Duvall.

Norwood were able to offer him a senior spot where the Eagles couldn't so why would he stay? I don't blame him at all.
Titan2
Titan2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazz Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:47 pm

I don't blame him either. Pace may have been an issue but always looked composed to me. He made the right decision
Gazz
Gazz
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 pm

Was Seymour's equal 2nd highest number of possessions in his 48 game senior career yesterday, he was excellent in the first half. Towards the end of the 2020 season he had a couple of games where some of his decision making and disposal probably weren't as good as the earlier part of the season, history might say that Sheeds made the right decision in not playing him in the final 2 games.

Good luck to him though, as the title of the thread says you can't keep them all.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:37 am

Good to see Seymour get a premiership for Norwood - he played a really good game in the Grand Final. He wasn't best 22 in either of our premierships. His best was definitely good enough, but he would have patches of games where he would disappear.

I think the Eagles teams of 2020 and 2021 would have wiped either of those teams on Sunday - but we weren't good enough this year!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum