Web Records

5 posters

Go down

Web Records Empty Web Records

Post by Reddeer Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:08 pm

Seeing nothing in the clubs records section on the web has been updated since 2019 it seems even though the players win premierships for us who ever is supposed to update the web is a very ordinary performer. The club runs its office on a skeleton staff levels it seems to save money and other areas go to pot. President Christine Williams has undertaken to learn how to be a webmaster to undertake the task along with every thing else she seems to have to do. Surely there is some computer web expert out there who could offer their assistance
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Web Records Empty Re: Web Records

Post by Reddeer Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:28 pm

I am tempted to rock the boat on this matter as I know who should be doing this work as I have spoken to HER before. Recently when I asked President Christine Williams if I could say something to this "Webmaster" she said "please dont" Why does this person wield so much influence over the club without doing the job.
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:58 pm

Reddeer wrote:I am tempted to rock the boat on this matter as I know who should be doing this work as I have spoken to HER before. Recently when I asked President Christine Williams if I could say something to this "Webmaster" she said "please dont" Why does this person wield so much influence over the club without doing the job.

I can guess no one knows how to do it . Just a guess
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Reddeer wrote:I am tempted to rock the boat on this matter as I know who should be doing this work as I have spoken to HER before. Recently when I asked President Christine Williams if I could say something to this "Webmaster" she said "please dont" Why does this person wield so much influence over the club without doing the job.

Well one does, and she does not do it. WHY!!
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Well one does, and she does not do it. WHY!!

No idea
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:44 pm

The Eagles have done the most important things very well - winning back-to-back Premierships. Now, attention can be given to the "little things". I agree that the Eagles website is poor although I haven't been into the History section. Players' statistics (height, wgt, age) on the League playing list are missing from many players. The Coaches reports (League, Seconds, U18s) have ceased this year. I believe the website is one of the most important tools to engage supporters especially with the poor coverage from the media. May the Club continue to build their strength on the back of communication (more supporters leading to better financials) by improving their website and keeping it up-to-date.
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:35 pm

I have some knowledge for this type of thing and could probably help out with the updating of the history records etc. if someone wanted to contact me with how to access and Reddeer could provide all the data. I appreciate the effort people like Reddeer and spell check go to to provide the information and it would be good to have that info publicly available via the website.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by hawke Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:39 am

Correction re Coach's reports - I recalled the U18s reports appeared frequently throughout the season, thank you.

During the off-season, keeping the supporters connected is very important and they hunger for information. When does pre-season training start? Which beach? New guys? Funny stories? Who's impressing on the track? etc. All of this stuff allows the supporter to know the player and team better and feel part of the "family".
hawke
hawke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:45 am

Is the issue that it appears the SANFL has taken over our site. Our site looks similar to most other sites. With it goes the recording of records may have been outsourced to the SANFL. Some sight have kept an independent feel or have some internal input.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddeer Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:39 pm

goddy11 wrote:Is the issue that it appears the SANFL has taken over our site. Our site looks similar to most other sites. With it goes the recording of records may have been outsourced to the SANFL. Some sight have kept an independent feel or have some internal input.  
I hope that you are wrong but the powers that be with this sanfl heirachy seem hell bent to destroy every thing relating to the real clubs
Reddeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down