South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium

5 posters

Go down

South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium  Empty South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium

Post by Mickyj Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Reserves 11.30
League 2.10
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium  Empty Re: South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium

Post by Mickyj Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:59 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens has boosted its defensive stocks for the trip to face South Adelaide on Saturday.

Premiership defenders Luke Thompson (hamstring) and Matt Goldsworthy (calf) have returned from minor injuries to be named in the Eagles’ 23-man squad.

They have been joined on the five-man extended interchange bench by utility Sam Rowland.

Defender Joe Heinjus is unavailable after injuring his finger.

League

F: J. Hayes, Guilhaus, Rowe

HF: Poole, N. Hayes, Lonergan

C: Boyd, Foote, Firns

HB: Sinor, Von Bertouch, Hall

B: C. Gaffney, Giuffreda, J. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Petrenko, Sharrad

INT: Comitogianni, Goldsworthy, Moore, Rowland, Thompson

IN: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

OUT: Heinjus (finger)

Reserves
Weidemann, Haylock, Lee, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, Schmusch, X. Redden, Wehr, Brill, Bruce, Lewis, Morgan, Jungfer, McLeod, Schoenberg, Westbrook, McNeil, Armfield, Mead, Pickett, Pedler.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium  Empty Re: South v Eagles July 13 Flinders University Stadium

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Good ins but if Thommo had a hammy maybe test is involved. Rowlands may be back-up if unavailable. Jake C may miss.
MichaelScott  might be happy with Heinjus being out. Maybe the finger was an issue last match, We need to be at our best to win at Panther Park.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:28 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good ins but if Thommo had a hammy maybe test is involved. MichaelScott  might be happy with Heinjus being out. Maybe the finger was an issue last match, We need to be at our best to win at Panther Park.

It’s not easy winning down at Panther Park
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Good to see the U18's getting a go in the reserves, will be great to see Harry Schoenberg.
Also great to see Pickett again.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 pm

goddy11 wrote:Good ins but if Thommo had a hammy maybe test is involved. Rowlands may be back-up if unavailable. Jake C may miss.
MichaelScott  might be happy with Heinjus being out. Maybe the finger was an issue last match, We need to be at our best to win at Panther Park.

Yeah i'm happy but unfortunately the damage has already been done...he is the worst footballer I've ever seen play SANFL...he's so bad he makes haylock look good
MichaelScott

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Watched this game on the pass
How the heck did we win
South frees early on were unbelievable I’m told they were evened up in the last 19 south 17 eagles
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:12 pm

With you Micky. I thought South controlled the game but we kept snapping at their heals. Then we were 16 points up and I thought we would run away with it. South had a lot of frees. How long was that last 1/4. Did the timekeeper fall asleep.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:03 am

goddy11 wrote:With you Micky. I thought South controlled the game but we kept snapping at their heals. Then we were 16 points up and I thought we would run away with it. South had a lot of frees. How long was that last 1/4. Did the timekeeper fall asleep.

Watching on the pass from memory 31 minutes
The frees south were gifted frees in the first three quarters then the umpires seemed to even them up . Whatever the coach told them at 3/4 time it worked .
Pup was on fire
Rowe tried hard
Seeing Hayes kick that goal with 2 guys on him laying on the ground was unreal .
Belief in themselves worked again !
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:50 am

Mickyj wrote:Watched this game on the pass
How the heck did we win
South frees early on were unbelievable I’m told they were evened up in the last 19 south 17 eagles

The Eagles won because of twenty minutes of exceptional footy. The last five minutes of the third quarter and the first 15 minutes of the last quarter. Eagles kicked 6 goals to one. Four goals come readily to mind that were game changers......Jack Hayes' left foot banana from the n/e boundary and then his follow up with a 45m on a 45 degree angle. Goldy's snap from the s/w pocket, the wrong pocket for a left footer and wind blowing away from goals. Then Nick Hayes' soccer goal while laying on the ground. South most probably were unlucky to lose. Again the Eagles were very shaky when the Panthers got the ball into space and let their runners do the work.
The Eagles don't seem to run the ball out of defence well enough to set up the forwards. The Gaffney boys could be in trouble.
Liked the look of Harry Schoenberg in the reserves, could be a dark horse for selection later on!!!!!!!
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 am

Mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:With you Micky. I thought South controlled the game but we kept snapping at their heals. Then we were 16 points up and I thought we would run away with it. South had a lot of frees. How long was that last 1/4. Did the timekeeper fall asleep.

The frees south were gifted frees in the first three quarters then the umpires seemed to even them up . Whatever the coach told them at 3/4 time it worked .
Pup was on fire
Rowe tried hard
Seeing Hayes kick that goal with 2 guys on him laying on the ground was unreal .
Pup on fire
Dont forget Jack Firn's last quarter. Marked everything.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Pup was on fire
Rowe tried hard
Pup on fire
Dont forget Jack Firn's last quarter. Marked everything.
True and didn’t he tag a top south player iirc
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:23 pm

wimpy wrote:
Mickyj wrote:Watched this game on the pass
How the heck did we win

The Eagles won because of twenty minutes of exceptional footy. The last five minutes of the third quarter and the first 15 minutes of the last quarter. Eagles kicked 6 goals to one. Four goals come readily to mind that were game changers......Jack Hayes' left foot banana from the n/e boundary and then his follow up with a 45m on a 45 degree angle. Goldy's snap from the s/w pocket, the wrong pocket for a left footer and wind blowing away from goals. Then Nick Hayes' soccer goal while laying on the ground. South most probably were unlucky to lose. Again the Eagles were very shaky when the Panthers got the ball into space and let their runners do the work.
The Eagles don't seem to run the ball out of defence well enough to set up the forwards. The Gaffney boys could be in trouble.
Liked the look of Harry Schoenberg in the reserves, could be a dark horse for selection later on!!!!!!!

I can’t talk about yesterday’s seconds but Morgan scored a few goals .
Everything you’ve posted is correct Wimpy.

From what I saw live against Glenelg and on the pass against South
We stopped Glenelg and got back into the game then stuffed it up .
Yesterday on the pass after the third the eagles while they didn’t do the running game .
Instead they did the short chip kicks which stopped Souths run .
And south in the last kept kicking the ball long which we cut off
That’s my view on the pass
Let’s just say health issues this week kept me home thank god for the pass
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Eight goals kicked in the last quarter, plenty of ball ups and out of bounds, not surprised it went 31 minutes.
Firns last quarter was good, played very responsively, think he has now cemented his spot in the team. Both Firns and Sharrad had 16 tackles for the game.
Harry Morgan is a very interesting player, I think the last three games he has kicked 7, 3 and 4 goals, I like him but unsure where he fits into the team, would most probably have to drop Moore to fit him in, but I like Moore's very reliable goal kicking. Don't think we can have three of Rowe, Moore and Morgan.It should be a time for consolidating the player group for our run at the finals.
Been very impressed with the way the new coach has gone about the season, I think he will turn into a very good coach.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Woodville-West Torrens continued its bold comeback for a berth in the final five after holding off a desperate South Adelaide by three points at Flinders University Stadium.

With one game – between Glenelg and Norwood – still to play in Round 13, the Eagles are now just 0.7 percent behind the Panthers after drawing level on 14 premiership points.

Sam Lonergan’s charges have now won six of their past seven matches after enduring a concerning five-game losing streak from Round 2 to 6.

And the visitors’ seventh win of the season came after a pulsating battle in which the margin never extended beyond the 20-point buffer the Panthers held approaching time-on in the third quarter.

Consecutive majors to Eagles James Rowe and Jack Hayes closing in on three-quarter time proved vital as the margin was slashed to just seven points at the final change.

And by the time Jack Hayes snapped from 20m out in traffic less than two minutes into the fourth quarter, the visitors only trailed by one point.

Booting three of the next four goals, the Eagles looked set for a comfortable win when Nick Hayes dropped a tough overhead mark before soccering the ball off the ground for an eye-catching goal to give his side a 17-point break 17 minutes in.

But then South veteran Nick Liddle hit back to trim the margin to 10 points with his second major before former Eagle Tom Whittlesea came back to haunt his old side with a goal to create plenty of anxiety with just two points separating the sides 25 minutes in.

A rushed behind to the Eagles was the last score of the match nearing the 27th minute as the visitors clung on to inflict a second loss in as many start for the hosts at Noarlunga.

Eagles midfielders James Boyd and Jesse Lonergan racked up 21 clearances between them in the midfield while Jordan Foote and Chris Hall were also prominent.

Matt Goldsworthy returned from injury to have 17 possessions and a goal while Rowe and Jack Hayes looked dangerous whenever the ball ventured inside 50m.

South’s Abe Davis and Joe Haines continued their great individual form this season to have 49 possessions between them while co-captain Joel Cross will rue his inaccurate kicking for goal after finishing with 2.4 from his six scoring shots.

EAGLES 3.0 6.4 9.7 14.8 (92)

SOUTH 3.4 6.7 10.8 13.11 (89)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Boyd 25, Foote 24, Hall 22, Lonergan 19, Goldsworthy 17.

South: Davis 26, Haines 23, Heaslip 20, Cross 18, Noble 17.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes, Rowe 3, Moore 2, Foote, Goldsworthy, Guilhaus, Hall, N. Hayes, Petrenko.

South: Cross, Liddle, Overall, Whittlesea 2, Biemans, Davis, Karpany, Noble, Sampson.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:23 pm

Since the 6-6-6 rule has come in there is around 45 - 55 seconds between a goal and the centre bounce, so once you add stoppages the time on mounts up fairly quickly.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Eagles forward Jack Hayes has been offered a $200 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for striking South Adelaide’s James Loneragan at Flinders University Stadium on Saturday.
Jack Hayes (Eagles) – Striking
Conduct: Intentional
Impact: Low
Base Sanction: 1 Match
Early Guilty Plea: $200 fine and reprimand
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down