West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March

3 posters

Go down

West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March  Empty West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March

Post by Mickyj Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Good Friday game
League starts at 4.10
Seconds start at 1.30 ( I'll change if wrong )
City Mazda stadium
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March  Empty Re: West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:07 am

Went to training last night. Had two squads, league and reserves.
Notable outs so far; Petrenko, Sinor, Lewis, Hall, and Rudloff.
Rudloff slightly strained a hammy at training, but bad enough to delay his debut. Unsure of Comitogianni's status, he wasn't training with the league. Seb. G. was just running laps doubt if he will be available.
The league squad of about 23 included Redden, Borholm and West. Also in the league squad were Giufredda, Heinjus, Haylock, Jack Gaffney and Sam Rowland back from injury.
Will be very under manned in the on ball division.
Jimmy Rowe trained with the reserves, thought he may have been a chance.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March  Empty Re: West Adelaide v Eagles 30 th March

Post by Goddsy11 Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Wimpy. What's the bad news. We must be using the Crows fitness staff. Shocked

I still think we will win well although Westies look on the up.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:10 pm

After the last trial game for West last week they are or will be short players due to reports .
I know Rankine I think the player is that got three .
They also I believe have injuries.
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:57 pm

Think westies might be missing three due to suspensions.

I see Lewey is named in the reserves.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Last edited by Mickyj on Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Well done Eagles good win wish we kicked straight
I enjoyed seeing our new recruits they did some interesting things.
Still have Some improving to do
Liked the lose player down back
Lots of hand ball running Game today
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 am

Our reserves were terrible, lack of skill and lack of fitness. Could not pick out one player that could be considered for promotion.
Lack of height has been a continual problem and again remains a problem.
With the U16's getting murdered again the club needs to look closely at their stocks. I was always concerned about us getting the magpies old zone, once a magpie always a magpie, very hard to convert to another club. Always thought the younger magpie supporters would rather go to an old community club in the magpie area than play for the Eagles. Maybe we should demand some of our old area back.

As for the league match I thought our skill level was down. Never seen Goldy make so many mistakes. Firns can find the ball very well but his delivery, awareness and decision making are poor. Good hands in the air and strong over the ball lets hope he can improve his deficient areas.
Sharrad is another who needs to improve his skill and decision making but overall I was happy with his first up game. Boyd found a lot of the ball but continually burnt it, maybe because of his ankle surgery he lacked confident.
Thought Paul Stewart played one of his best games for us, was terrific, liked him on the ball and a bit up forward. Might have to play more up forward next week with Lukosius missing.
Very impressed with Redden's game did some beautiful ruck work and took the occasional mark. Also liked Haylock's game was very lively up forward and found a lot of space, should have had at least 4 goals.
We should gradually improve with still Petrenko, Lewis Sinor, Hall and Rudloff to come in.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:39 am

Wimpy. Thank for the report. I share your sentiments on the Magpie area. I never liked the move. We lost a lot of our Traditional Eagle heartland and this will tell in the long run. The U16 situation needs improvement ASAP. Young lads will not come to the Eags if they are getting flogged every week. Our strength and reason for longevity has always been the juniors.

I could no go .o the game as I was assisting my grandson as an exhibitor at the Brickalaide in the convention centre although I watched he last 1/4 on the digital pass. I tried watching on my Samsung but the image was postage stamp size. I know now how to get it better now. What was noticeable was the forward play. The stats show some of the forwards barely had a touch eg J Hayes.
A better side than West may have reversed the result
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:15 pm

I like to think it'd better not to be 100 percent the best side in round 1 we as a club fall in a hole with injuries by GF day.
Yes there was stuff ups Haylock and Grey going for goals
Grey redeemed himself .
I did see the stats
Boyd Stewart firns and sharrad led the way
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:25 pm

goddy11 wrote:Wimpy. Thank for the report. I share your sentiments on the Magpie area. I never liked the move. We lost a lot of our Traditional Eagle heartland and this will tell in the long run. The U16  situation needs improvement ASAP. Young lads will not come to the Eags if they are getting flogged every week. Our strength and reason for longevity has always been the juniors.

I could no go .o the game as I was assisting my grandson as an exhibitor  at the Brickalaide in the convention centre although I watched he last 1/4 on the digital pass. I tried watching on my Samsung but the image was postage stamp size. I know now how to get it better now. What was noticeable was the forward play. The stats show some of the forwards barely had a touch eg J Hayes.
A better side than West may have reversed the result

I personally think the Eagles are missing Wundke
That will change
Personally channel 7 naming our son of going as number 1 may have got our forward line more attention .
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Gods used three rucks Friday

The seconds were in front most if the game lost by 4 points had a shot after the siren.
Could've been fitness
Could've been the seconds coach not instructing don't kick long to the forwards as the African Australian was marking all the long balls .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:55 pm

Any comments on Conner McLeod in the b's. Just interested because of Andrew. Noticed he kicked 2 goals.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:48 am

goddy11 wrote:Any comments on Conner McLeod in the b's. Just interested because of Andrew. Noticed he kicked 2 goals.

Yep to start with he was a good player .
After 1/2 or 3/4 time westies took control
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down