Aerie
Mickyj
Goddsy11
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Eagles v Adelaide Crows  Empty Eagles v Adelaide Crows

Post by Goddsy11 Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:10 pm

Mickey has been quiet for a while . Hope he OK. Just starting this up in his absence.

A need to win game as are all our remaining matches.

ROUND 17
2022 LEAGUE SEASON
MAUGHAN THIEM KIA OVAL
SUNDAY 7TH AUGUST, 2:30PM
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Eagles v Adelaide Crows  Empty Re: Eagles v Adelaide Crows

Post by Mickyj Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:41 pm

goddy11 wrote:Mickey has been quiet for a while . Hope he OK.  Just starting this up in his absence.

A need to win game as are all our remaining matches.

ROUND 17
2022 LEAGUE SEASON
MAUGHAN THIEM KIA OVAL
SUNDAY 7TH AUGUST, 2:30PM

Thanks Goddy was just going to start one
Yep lots of medical appointments and treatment I’m grateful for any help on here
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:48 pm

Win and win well!

Hopefully we've gone in for a tune-up at a different place to where we got a tune-up at the last bye!

Crouch and Rachele probable ins for the Crows SANFL team and with Thilthorpe back, Himmelberg probably returns to the SANFL side. With the AFL game being in Perth on Sunday, hopefully that means they take 3 emergencies over with them!
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 pm

At least they won't have O'Brien this time, he destroyed us earlier in the year.
Gave that game all we could and a similar effort this week could see us cause an upset. Yes, 3 travelling emergencies hopefully, this will help. Not sure if this will be Chris Hall's 200th game or not - he's had a couple of false starts recently with injury
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:05 pm

The Barton wrote:At least they won't have O'Brien this time, he destroyed us earlier in the year.
Gave that game all we could and a similar effort this week could see us cause an upset. Yes, 3 travelling emergencies hopefully, this will help. Not sure if this will be Chris Hall's 200th game or not - he's had a couple of false starts recently with injury

199 this week I think. A little unfortunate he didn't get to play his 200th at Woodville
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:06 am

It will be interesting if we get 1 or 2 players back from injury after a 2 week break.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:14 am

A fit and in-form Ballenden is a must for us
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:07 pm

McFarlane trained well on Monday night and is being touted as getting a direct entry back into league ranks. I'm not convinced but, like Andy Bennett used to say, we'll wait and see.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan2 Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:40 pm

The Barton wrote:McFarlane trained well on Monday night and is being touted as getting a direct entry back into league ranks. I'm not convinced but, like Andy Bennett used to say, we'll wait and see.

Would be a risky move but I guess we are throwing the dice.

I actually think the team is going to have a red hot crack this week. Whether this is enough to get the points over a very good side I'm not sure. But I just have this funny feeling we are going to see a huge effort.
Titan2
Titan2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:59 am

Dan Menzel could hardly move against North Adelaide. He couldn't even participate in the run throughs after half time. Unless he is back to something near being able to impact a contest, we will struggle. He was constantly trying to move his opponent and let the ball run through behind so he could collect. He wasn't going for marks. The 3rd man up from North either intercepted (Ellis-Yolmen was useless up forward to help him) or the ball would run through and out of bounds. Hardie and Goldsworthy were the only two that looked anything remotely dangerous up forward and it cost us early in the game as we were up for the contest in that first quarter.

We need to play two of Redden, Ballenden, Guilhaus (in that order). In the last two games we've either played all of them or one of them.

I still would love to see Sheedy back in a young marking forward and I'd love to see Phillipou given an opportunity now State U18's is finished - if he is fit. I do like Pearce's attack on the ball and his beautiful kick, but he's not a marking target, more a big bodied flanker, who has shown enough to keep his spot in the team.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Expecting numerous changes again this week in line with every round this year.
McFarlane for Sinor.
Ballenden not expected back until the last game against Souf.
Clay Cameron at least running laps at pace now.
Maybe Big Red and Lonergan back in?
Phillipou and D'Aloia to play seconds
Will be another omission through injury this week and it's season over for this guy unfortunately
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:15 pm

Best I can copy of the team

EAGLES

IN: Allmond, Lonergan, McFarlane, Studham

OUT: Sinor (Hand), Litster (Foot)

MILESTONE: Jesse Lonergan – 50 games

Reserves
Neumann, Mair, Hoile, Phillipou, Adams, Lukac, Mead, Wheare, D’Aloia, Jackson, Cooke, Pudney, Dawkins, Michael, Thomson, Williams, O’Reilly, Hansen, Hill, Ueding, Wollogorang, Blair, Siney

Under-18
F: Carter, Ross, Ziersch
HF: Ellis, Hansen, G. Bertelsmeier
C: Angove, Fairall, Dohnt
HB: Day, Modystach, Slattery
B: Thomson, Pearce, Battle

R: Hunter-Price, Tilbrook, Arthur
INT: Baker, Capogreco, Harnas, Haley, Harris, Reschke, Stockman

Under-16
F: Sinclair, Daly, Schwarz
HF: Walshaw, Welsh, McNeil
C: Sauer, Hasting, Thompson
HB: Griffiths, Phillips, Herbert
B: Pollard, Delmenico, Bigg

R: Luck,
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aerie Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:40 pm

Does anyone know why they programme so many Eagles games at the same time as the Crows? This week we play Sunday at 2:30 and the Crows game is on TV at 3:40pm. It's happened multiple times this year, including when the Crows have played in Adelaide. I would've thought if the Eagles wanted to maximise attendance, they'd try to play on a different day? They use to try to avoid clashing SANFL games with the Crows, but it seems they don't care any more. It's strange, because it's not like they've just decided to make SANFL on Saturday afternoons no matter what, we still play from Friday night through to Sunday at all various times.
Aerie
Aerie

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 pm

This one is on Sunday because of the carnival day.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:49 am

Aerie wrote:Does anyone know why they programme so many Eagles games at the same time as the Crows? This week we play Sunday at 2:30 and the Crows game is on TV at 3:40pm. It's happened multiple times this year, including when the Crows have played in Adelaide. I would've thought if the Eagles wanted to maximise attendance, they'd try to play on a different day? They use to try to avoid clashing SANFL games with the Crows, but it seems they don't care any more. It's strange, because it's not like they've just decided to make SANFL on Saturday afternoons no matter what, we still play from Friday night through to Sunday at all various times.
You beat me to it. It is the dumbest day and time. I want to see both games and stress out at an even pace not at the same time. We had a bye weekend last week. Surely we would have killed it as a stand alone event.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:54 am

goddy11 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Does anyone know why they programme so many Eagles games at the same time as the Crows? This week we play Sunday at 2:30 and the Crows game is on TV at 3:40pm. It's happened multiple times this year, including when the Crows have played in Adelaide. I would've thought if the Eagles wanted to maximise attendance, they'd try to play on a different day? They use to try to avoid clashing SANFL games with the Crows, but it seems they don't care any more. It's strange, because it's not like they've just decided to make SANFL on Saturday afternoons no matter what, we still play from Friday night through to Sunday at all various times.
You beat me to it. It is the dumbest day and time. I want to see both games and stress out at an even pace not at the same time. We had a bye weekend last week. Surely we would have killed it as a stand alone event.

I could be wrong but if I recall it’s not the first time it’s happened to our team I think we’ve had port on a day they are playing at Adelaide oval . Saying that it’s not good .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Has anyone noticed how the magpies have taken one of our U18s Nathan Barkla to play in their SANFL league team against Sturt tomorrow.
Unfortunately he is a NGA to the power. They don't respect other SANFL clubs and Kock reckons they are hard done by!!!!!!!!!! They did the same thing last year with Josh Burgoyne, it's bugger how the team they are playing for is going we'll do what we want to do. Sooner they leave the better. I know there is an agreement to do this but........................
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:24 pm

wimpy wrote:Has anyone noticed how the magpies have taken one of our U18s Nathan Barkla to play in their SANFL league team against Sturt tomorrow.
Unfortunately he is a NGA to the power. They don't respect other SANFL clubs and Kock reckons they are hard done by!!!!!!!!!! They did the same thing last year with Josh Burgoyne, it's bugger how the team they are playing for is going we'll do what we want to do. Sooner they leave the better. I know there is an agreement to do this but........................
With you Wimpey 100%. Kochy is a knob. Wants everything his way. They offer nothing back to the SANFL.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Barton Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Changing the rules to suit themselves as usual.
Sooner they pack up and leave the SANFL the better.
The Barton
The Barton

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:05 pm

I suppose we come under their umbrella as per F/s and NGA player . Does anyone  know if PA actually put any money into player development or do they just pinch our players at will.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:19 am

It was a disgrace last year how Josh Burgoyne and family disrespected our Eagles U18s. These NGA and F/S select groups don't put enough pressure on players to give all at their junior club because they are just about certain to be picked up by the AFL club involved.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:12 pm

The u16 match was good. We were smashed in the 1st 1/4 but came back to win. I think we play Sturt again next week. We can end up top or miss the 4.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:11 pm

I didn't see any players named in the league team in the reverses today .We must have a couple of outs.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by wimpy Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:27 pm

goddy11 wrote:I didn't see any players named in the league team in the reverses today .We must have a couple of outs.

Mitch Duval played in Reserves, think C. E-Y might not be playing.
wimpy
wimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goddsy11 Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:05 pm

Jarred Allmond will play his 150th game for the Eagles this afternoon.
Goddsy11
Goddsy11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next