Move the Cheer Squad !!!

+4
Columbo
MightyEagles
Mickyj
LoudEagleHooligan
8 posters

Go down

Move the Cheer Squad !!! Empty Move the Cheer Squad !!!

Post by LoudEagleHooligan Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:33 am

After some discussion yesterday, I think we need to put to the Club the following proposition;

Move the Cheer Squad to the back corner of the Barry Jarman Stand.

Reasons;

1. Mini League Team is in the stand - kids will want to 'add numbers' & 'voice'
2. It is above the changerooms - where the players run out & return
3. Having their flags will 'add colour' to an otherwise, somewhat dreary environment
4. The sound will echo across the ground - at present they can't be heard
5. Even the 'God's-Waiting-Room-Blue-Rinse-Set' will become involved in supporting the team

Obviously, it would be relient on appropriate behaviour & language but I don't see why this would not be a POSITIVE for the club - a specific area could be 'roped off' for the Cheer Squad in the back corner.

I think parents (me included) would be far keener to allow their kids to be involved with the Cheer Squad if they could see that their kids are in a 'centralised & confined' environment.
Not only that, but the parents could also sit up in the stand if they so desired.

We allow opposition supporters (some feral I might add) to sit in OUR Stand, yet we don't allow some of the STAUNCHEST Eagles Supporters to do the same - why ???

If we are SERIOUS about "Fortess Woodville" then I believe this is a perfect starting point.
Having lived in the UK & supported a Football Club in London, I can tell you that the more noise, the more singing, the more enjoyment, the more supported the team

Any thoughts?
LoudEagleHooligan
LoudEagleHooligan

Back to top Go down

Move the Cheer Squad !!! Empty Re: Move the Cheer Squad !!!

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm

I have to say after reading what you have posted .Totally agree with you.
What do u suggest we do to bring this about .
I did talk with Alan from the squad to get more noise going pre game but i heard less than last week !!

Fortress Woodville should be like the Ponderossa teams hate playing there .
And we have to Prove we are the Powerhouse club along Port Rd.Something we are doing with sponsors and the cheer girls .
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:32 pm

I hardly heard anything on the radio. I hate it when the other side fans sing, 'It's all gone quiet over there'.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Cheer-squad people where are you ?
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:46 pm

One problem I can see with the Mickyj back corner of the stand.....and ME might be able to shed more light on this...is that is where the timekeepers are located. I would assume they would need an unobstructed view of the field to be able to watch for umpires time on and off signals.

One of the reasons i assume you wouldnt hear alot of crowd noise over the radio is unlike the TV they generally dont have a microphone in the stand to capture the crowd noise.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:13 pm

Columbo wrote:One problem I can see with the Mickyj back corner of the stand.....and ME might be able to shed more light on this...is that is where the timekeepers are located. I would assume they would need an unobstructed view of the field to be able to watch for umpires time on and off signals.

One of the reasons i assume you wouldnt hear alot of crowd noise over the radio is unlike the TV they generally dont have a microphone in the stand to capture the crowd noise.

Man I can't read a compass my section also has the Camera man for seconds games when its a tv game .they get annoyed when I stand up acn u imagine the cheer squad getting in his way Shocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:04 am

Columbo wrote:One problem I can see with the Mickyj back corner of the stand.....and ME might be able to shed more light on this...is that is where the timekeepers are located. I would assume they would need an unobstructed view of the field to be able to watch for umpires time on and off signals.

The timekeepers are located in the Southern End of the BJ stand. Just have the CS at the back of the middle section.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:07 am

Mickyj wrote:

Man I can't read a compass my section also has the Camera man for seconds games when its a tv game .they get annoyed when I stand up acn u imagine the cheer squad getting in his way Shocked

You should get him (or her) to move out the way and stand somewhere else.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Columbo Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Mickyj wrote:

Do the new camera guys block the seats off Mick?
The previous guy could be a bit difficult to get along with on the odd occasion!
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

Columbo wrote:
Mickyj wrote:

Do the new camera guys block the seats off Mick?
The previous guy could be a bit difficult to get along with on the odd occasion!
Once and only once .And the dark side of Mickyj came out .zest got embarrassed.
Hell I pay for those two seats Shocked
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carrots12 Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:20 pm

Anyone from the Cheer Squad going to comment? Or are we going to make this decision for them?????
carrots12
carrots12

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglehaslanded Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 pm

Guys I will discuss this with the boys. I can see the good in what you are saying. I know we have previously sat up in the stand on occasions when it has been wetter. I would fear the restrictions we would have placed on us if that was to happen and I know a couple of the boys can be very loud and on occasions the language leaves a little to be desired. We could discuss it though.
eaglehaslanded
eaglehaslanded

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickyj Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:02 pm

eaglehaslanded wrote:Guys I will discuss this with the boys. I can see the good in what you are saying. I know we have previously sat up in the stand on occasions when it has been wetter. I would fear the restrictions we would have placed on us if that was to happen and I know a couple of the boys can be very loud and on occasions the language leaves a little to be desired. We could discuss it though.

One of your chaps was sitting up in the stand Saturday .Don't know his name but he's rather large aren't we all Wink
I did ask allan to get the squad to cheer a bit louder but I didn't hear them
Mickyj
Mickyj
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm

I'll try my best as the Juniors play Sunday.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by STURTPSYCHO Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 pm

id make the move now before the scs (sturt cheer squad) come down this sunday.
STURTPSYCHO
STURTPSYCHO
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:18 pm

STURTPSYCHO wrote:id make the move now before the scs (sturt cheer squad) come down this sunday.

Nothing will happen this week as Sturt should be down the southern end and last time the Eagles CS was at the southern end when the Treeby incident happened.
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Back to top Go down

Post by the sarge Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 am

its a sad day when the cs have to be at opposite ends of the ground...... whats wrong with a bit of banter ffs doesnt mean there has to be punches thrown, i was in the westies cs for 11 years i know what its like but only once did i get in a fight
the sarge
the sarge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down